Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering Armodafinil(similar to Modafinil) from India to Ireland

Options
  • 06-04-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I was looking into ordering Armodafinil which is similar to Modafinil from India to Ireland. There's a well known site called afinilexpress which sells it. While they don't ship directly to Ireland you're able to ship it through Parcel Motel instead, which will bring it down from the North for you.

In relation to customs whats the whole law in relation to bringing in things such as Modafinil into Ireland? Modafinil in Ireland requires a prescription but doesn't in the country which it is made, India. I'm aware there's a good chance it will get stopped and checked by customs since it is coming from India, since there's an influx in fake prescription medication these days.

I would think it would be okay if it was stopped since its not fake and what I'm doing isn't illegal, but maybe someone with bit more knowledge with the law can shed more light on the idea.

Thanks
    Post edited by Robbo on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

cathal545 wrote: »
    I would think it would be okay if it was stopped since its not fake and what I'm doing isn't illegal, but maybe someone with bit more knowledge with the law can shed more light on the idea.

Thanks

But it is illegal. you cannot import (even genuine ones) perscription meds from abroad, even if you had a perscription for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Modafinil in Ireland requires a prescription but doesn't in the country which it is made, India. I'm aware there's a good chance it will get stopped and checked by customs since it is coming from India, since there's an influx in fake prescription medication these days.

You just answered your own question. You can't have it without perscription.
    I'm aware there's a good chance it will get stopped and checked by customs since it is coming from India, since there's an influx in fake prescription medication these days.
    you're aware of fake drugs from India and still want to buy it ......

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Yup as stated it’s illegal to import and to be in possession of a prescription drug without prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Can you not just do a bit of coke/speed like everyone else? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

not sure how you came up with idea its fine, since in Columbia having under 2g of coke is ok, so would be fine here then according to your thinking.or even Amsterdam weed is fine there which wont fly here.

People order crazy and illegal stuff without knowing all the time, but not with the logic you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

OP, don't be worrying about using modafinil/provigil or any other enhancements for your studies. They are stimulants, they will keep you awake for prolonged periods of time but they don't enhance cognitive ability to any great degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

If you are prescribed a medicine in one country, is it illegal to take the remainder back home if it is illegal to possess at home? My own example is being prescribed vicodin in the US while I was there. I wasn't finished my prescription when it was time to go home, so brought them back with me, not even thinking about the legality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pussinboots1

You can get all nootropics including modafinil on next day delivery in ireland. And all you need is a postal address

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement