Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 176th Manchester Derby-FA Premier League-Kick-off-17:30-SkySp Pl/MainEv

14567810»

Comments

If it doesn't matter why are you trawling back to the start of match threads to drag up predictions, and would you have done so if they had lost?

To be honest buckety, I went back to have a read of the thread after seeing glowing reviews elsewhere, and your post just made me hit reply.

I don't care about dragging people up for not being able to see the future, but I've far more interest in responding to that kind of post from a United fan than just going 'Ahaha' at the neutrals.

I feel coward is a word us United fans can tend to overuse lately, which dilutes the word for when the team or manager do actually put in a cowardly performance.

That 20 minutes in the first half where City opened our lads up was a disaster. One which you would have been among the first to see the danger of coming. I'm just wondering, genuinely, did that second half give you any hope as someone who has been pessimistic about the lack of character in the team? They managed to mount a similar comeback away to Palace only a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yep it was a good match with plenty of talking points but when you think about it the highlight of utds season will probably be delaying city winning the league by a week. How the mighty have fallen.

I'd imagine solidifying 2nd spot in the league and potentially an FA Cup would be the highlights of our season, on the back of 2 trophies last year. Beating a rival will always be sweet.

But be careful, Spurs same points as ye and a game in hand, and while i think ye have done enough to get through to the next round of the CL, you are potentially looking at a 4th place finish and semi's of CL as your end of season. Stones and glass house and all that you know!!

• It's the same old faces at the end of every thread, especially when they had the finger on the left mouse button ready for the wind up....but then Utd pissed on the parade....

Another reason I'm still laughing :D

• Time to finish the thread in style....

Dedicated to the 'YouTube footballer' extrordinaire :)

33ac32a5-pogba.jpg

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Time to finish the thread in style....

33ac32a5-pogba.jpg

The most important question IMO...

Is it blue or a bluey green?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Show me your trophies over the last few seasons. ;)

Stop living in the past man.

It's the same old faces at the end of every thread, especially when they had the finger on the left mouse button ready for the wind up....but then Utd pissed on the parade....

Another reason I'm still laughing :D

What parade though Mick. Winning this match had no effect on where either side ends up finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

City will win the league and Liverpool are playing champions league football probably in the last 4. It must be killing the utd fans they are no longer important.

28yrs since a league title win....... 1 League cup win in the last 10yrs.. Mourinho won more in his first season at Utd than the scouse have won in the last 10yrs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Time to finish the thread in style....

33ac32a5-pogba.jpg

What a clown..

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

What parade though Mick. Winning this match had no effect on where either side ends up finishing.

How do you work that out?

United had not got 2nd place secured before the win and are far closer to that objective now.

In turn, Liverpool's (their next nearest rivals) chances of finishing second have decreased. So it was an important win for United in regards to where them and Liverpool could finish.

I think you know exactly what Mick meant by 'pissing on the parade' here anyway - Some of the United match threads' most prolific posters were about to experience Christmas in April if City carried on in the second half the same as the first.

Didn't happen though, it was that parade which was pissed on, never mind the one in the blue parts of Manchester.

• Advertisement

How do you work that out?

United had not got 2nd place secured before the win and are far closer to that objective now.

In turn, Liverpool's (their next nearest rivals) chances of finishing second have decreased. So it was an important win for United in regards to where them and Liverpool could finish.

I think you know exactly what Mick meant by 'pissing on the parade' here anyway - Some of the United match threads' most prolific posters were about to experience Christmas in April if City carried on in the second half the same as the first.

Didn't happen though, it was that parade which was pissed on, never mind the one in the blue parts of Manchester.

I disagree if city had gone on to win 4 or 5 nil they would have been full of confidence for Tuesday night, now they are wondering what the hell is going on. If he means pissing on thed parade of city fans then fair enough but there is only about two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stop living in the past man.

"Next year" I believe is the phrase that is commonly used by your lot.
    Nice to look back over our "demise" and see some silverware than look to the future in the hope of winning something. Most teams would kill to have a demise like ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

"Next year" I believe is the phrase that is commonly used by your lot.
    Nice to look back over our "demise" and see some silverware than look to the future in the hope of winning something. Most teams would kill to have a demise like ours.

The last time Niallo wrote our epitaph was at the end of the Moyes season when they dared to dream again.

Since then we have won the FA cup, the league cup and the Europa league. We are already on more points now than we have finished with for each of the last 4 seasons with still 6 game to play. We are in an FA Cup semi-final. We have finished ahead of them on 3 of the last 4 seasons and are on course to do the same this year too. Liverpool have won nothing. I know losing a couple of finals is better than winning them because of the hugs and the press and all that but all things considered, we could be in a worse spot.

To ape the great Mark Twain, reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That 20 minutes in the first half where City opened our lads up was a disaster. One which you would have been among the first to see the danger of coming. I'm just wondering, genuinely, did that second half give you any hope as someone who has been pessimistic about the lack of character in the team? They managed to mount a similar comeback away to Palace only a month ago.

Honestly, I suspect the win will paper over the cracks to a large extent and that the core issues with the squad have not gone away at all. Some of what I saw in that first half was far more reflective of the team's mentality than a second half where a few players finally pulled their fingers out.

I'm put in mind of Fergies "cheating the manager" statement from years ago. Certain players finally stepped up and showed a bit of passion, but unless we see that same passion in the next ten games then what it really does is demonstrate exactly what we have not been getting from them in far too many games.

I'm delighted with the win and delighted that City didn't get to trample over us to get their title, but one swallow doesn't make a summer and one good half doesn't allay my concerns about that squad at all. You can't have this discussion after a win like that though, so I'll just leave it there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement