Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 176th Manchester Derby-FA Premier League-Kick-off-17:30-SkySp Pl/MainEv

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's low strength. Still popular with oul lads in the country. On a par with Guinness in the rotten smell stakes the next day!

Is it a stout?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is it a stout?

Think it’s an ale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is it a stout?

Ale

It's been around ages and their advert is frequently on the telly.

There's also a pale ale that's stronger, but not as nice imo.

We're gone v off topic

• Think it’s an ale.

It's the little victories for some :)

Is it a stout?

Ale.

Anyway. Great match and great thread. These type of threads are the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Nalz wrote: »
    That's my drink. Guinness head :)

Is that not a Black & Tan?

paulbok wrote: »
    Is that not a Black & Tan?

No that's half pale ale and stout I think.

• I see city fans booed the city team off and pep...

Pathetic stuff IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I see city fans booed the city team off and pep...

Pathetic stuff IMO

17 people can make alot of noise when they want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

The city is yours
    The city is yours
    10000 empty seats
    Are you fúckin sure

:pac::pac::pac:

• Great thread, would read again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Smithwicks really took the shine off the thread. Fûcking Smithwicks.
    It was shîte when it was popular in the 80s. We used to laugh at people who drank it and called it dishwater. It’s like a pretend overly fizzy ale.

Oh....go Utd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Imagine Olé-ing 35 minutes into a match and going on to lose.

spiralism wrote: »
    Imagine Olé-ing 35 minutes into a match and going on to lose.

And then crying like a little baby because the fairytale ending of how you wanted to win the league that you’re going to win anyway didn’t happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

And then crying like a little baby because the fairytale ending of how you wanted to win the league that you’re going to win anyway didn’t happen.

That's the part i don't get.

Utd fans had every right to gloat, but why the fúck City fans didn't just tell them to 'fúck off, we're going to win the League anyway', I don't know. Nevermind the crying like 2 year olds.

Utterly bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SlickRic wrote: »
    That's the part i don't get.

Utd fans had every right to gloat, but why the fúck City fans didn't just tell them to 'fúck off, we're going to win the League anyway', I don't know. Nevermind the crying like 2 year olds.

Utterly bizarre.

They got caught up in the emotion of the occasion on their first visit to the Etihad. ;)

They got caught up in the emotion of the occasion on their first visit to the Etihad. ;)

Posted on an Irish forum. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Posted on an Irish forum. :pac:

Did that still sound witty on your head as you read it back before hitting post?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

• Did that still sound witty on your head as you read it back before hitting post?

As I said, it's the little victories for some :)

Did that still sound witty on your head as you read it back before hitting post?

In fairness, slagging off City fans for not attending a game in a forum where most people dont attend games probably needed more thought..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In fairness, slagging off City fans for not attending a game in a forum where most people dont attend games probably needed more thought..

I’m pretty sure that Cantona’s Collar is a season ticket holder.. not 100% certain but he goes to a hell of a lot of games

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As I said, it's the little victories for some :)

Where’s BMMachine these days anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think yesterday shows how badly we need VAR in the premier league, the standard is just too poor to not have it.

astradave wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure that Cantona’s Collar is a season ticket holder.. not 100% certain but he goes to a hell of a lot of games

Not quite a season ticket holder.
    Only been over last weekend,next trip over booked already.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Smithwicks really took the shine off the thread. Fûcking Smithwicks.
    It was shîte when it was popular in the 80s. We used to laugh at people who drank it and called it dishwater. It’s like a pretend overly fizzy ale.

Oh....go Utd!!

It's not ****e for some people. You laughed at people because they drank Smithwicks?

Also, it's not fizzy.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think yesterday shows how badly we need VAR in the premier league, the standard is just too poor to not have it.

Darkest day in football?

Darkest day in football?

It was pretty embarrassing for the officials in fairness would you not agree

It was pretty embarrassing for the officials in fairness would you not agree

Seen worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

With VAR and / or more correct officiating the result of the game would have been different. That's inarguable.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    With VAR and / or more correct officiating the result of the game would have been different. That's inarguable.

But there wasn’t and it’s not and I don’t care.

I love how it’s only Liverpool fans hanging around a dying, “meaningless” United match thread.

I love how it’s only Liverpool fans hanging around a dying, “meaningless” United match thread.

Always knew you supported Liverpool Will :cool:

Always knew you supported Liverpool Will :cool:

Obviously not including fans of the teams that were actually playing but I’m sure you knew that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

But there wasn’t and it’s not and I don’t care.

Oh I'm sure you don't care. You caring or not doesn't detract from the point made and its saliency however. The Premier League has no referees going to the world cup and the standard of officiating is an issue that yesterday's game served to underline.

I am in many threads.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Oh I'm sure you don't care. You caring or not doesn't detract from the point made and its saliency however. The Premier League has no referees going to the world cup and the standard of officiating is an issue that yesterday's game served to underline.

I am in many threads.

There’s games every week that underline it. I’m guessing some people are just absolutely sickened at how things turned out yesterday that they can do nothing more but whinge about the officiating. Some things never change.

Obviously not including fans of the teams that were actually playing but I’m sure you knew that...

Who cares what team people supports in threads. All are welcome. Nothing bad being posted.

Sunday night boredom for most at this stage I'd guess

Who cares what team people supports in threads. All are welcome. Nothing bad being posted.

Sunday night boredom for most at this stage I'd guess

I don’t care. I said I love it, LOVE IT!!!

There’s games every week that underline it. I’m guessing some people are just absolutely sickened at how things turned out yesterday that they can do nothing more but whinge about the officiating. Some things never change.

Aren't you whinging about people whinging? :confused:

Enjoy the result, it was a good one

Forget sticking it into your rivals and all that, I get the sense that neither manager wants this game at all. Lose and its a blemish that annoys all the fans, win and its a meaningless game that nobody cared about.

Pep will name a weak side and pretend that the CL is the only thing on his mind, so if they lose he can shrug his shoulders and say so what. He'd like to beat United for the title, but he doesn't really care if they win it today or not.

For Mourinho, delaying City winning the title by one game is very much a hollow victory, but losing and having City parade in front of him will have the fans on his back even more, and who needs that hassle.

It will be a crap game, United will try to keep it tight and take a draw, which they will probably get depending on whether the cowards in their team decide to turn up or not.

That was your condition for a loss/draw for the team you support.

What now that they won the match and managed to do it from 2-0 down? Doesn't matter I suppose, still cowards.

• Advertisement

Aren't you whinging about people whinging? :confused:

No. I’m loving it.

giphy.gif

No. I’m loving it.

Looks like it alright ;)

Fellani fancy dress?

City will win the league and Liverpool are playing champions league football probably in the last 4. It must be killing the utd fans they are no longer important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That was your condition for a loss/draw for the team you support.

What now that they won the match and managed to do it from 2-0 down? Doesn't matter I suppose, still cowards.

If it doesn't matter why are you trawling back to the start of match threads to drag up predictions, and would you have done so if they had lost?

City will win the league and Liverpool are playing champions league football probably in the last 4. It must be killing the utd fans they are no longer important.

So unimportant that you’re still here :pac:

So unimportant that you’re still here :pac:

Yep it was a good match with plenty of talking points but when you think about it the highlight of utds season will probably be delaying city winning the league by a week. How the mighty have fallen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Come on now, surely you can do better than this.

At least put a bit of effort in ffs.

Yep it was a good match with plenty of talking points but when you think about it the highlight of utds season will probably be delaying city winning the league by a week. How the mighty have fallen.

Show me your trophies over the last few seasons. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No need for that Niallo. This is a rare thread where both Liverpool and Man U fans can enjoy. Embrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Come on lads catch up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement