If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build sitting room

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

patravers wrote: »
    Would you have any ideas on sourcing wall plates with space for hdmi and 5.1.2
    Hi patravers,

The wall plates aren't an item we stock but you could probably source them at an electrical wholesalers.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patravers

Sorry for all the questions!

After i get the Denon AV 2400 - It says this is HEOS enabled. How would this work if i wanted wireless speakers in the kitchen or does having the av receiver in the sitting room make any difference?

Also we may have to put right angled HDMI connectors on the cables as with a brick wall there is not a lot of room for the distance required for the HDMI. Do these connectors impact signal quality with 4k or atmos?

Sorry for all the questions!

After i get the Denon AV 2400 - It says this is HEOS enabled. How would this work if i wanted wireless speakers in the kitchen or does having the av receiver in the sitting room make any difference?

Also we may have to put right angled HDMI connectors on the cables as with a brick wall there is not a lot of room for the distance required for the HDMI. Do these connectors impact signal quality with 4k or atmos?
    Hi Patravers.

Heos is Denon's answer to Sonos.
    https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/heos-wireless-speakers

The 2400 has the Heos feature built in allowing you to download the Heos app to your phone or tablet and play music via it through the amp.
    It also would allow you to connect the Heos speakers to it like the Heos 1 HS2 priced at £199.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12997-black-12997.aspx
    This could go into your kitchen.

You can use the angled connectors but I would just be careful that they are of good quality. They are not something we would stock unfortunately.

Kenny
    I called the shop today to discuss my set up. You weren’t there but I think I’m nearly there. I’ll start off with 80 metres of the 200 sound cable at £1.50?

Also I have 3 IBRA 10M HDMI High Speed Cable v2.0 cables. Are these sufficient for Sky Blu-ray and connecting with the receiver and tv?

House will be finished September. Will the offer on the speakers and receiver Denon backache at 789 I think still be going? Will also prob look at a new tv
    Hi patravers,

If you want to PM me your contact number I can get that cable order processed for you.

With regards to the pricing, I'm afraid I don't know how long a price will last in advance. We always have bundle deals running though but it depends on current lines and cost prices.

Your HDMI cables should be fine. Are they active HDMI cables? We would recommend active cables for longer lengths as they tend to stop drop outs of sound and picture.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David
    My mobile is 087-0658467. Im a teacher and won't always be able to answer but ill call back. You dont by any chance take deposits on items? Also looking at getting a new TV up to 50 inch for the sitting room mostly for watching sports and movies not gaming. Any recommendations?
    Hi Patravers,

I will give you a call asap.

Kind regards

David
    could you delete messages with my number on them please. 

Also, have you any ideas re: TV for about 50 inches max. Its simply for sports and movies and not gaming. 
    Hi Patravers,

I would recommend the Panasonic TX50EX700. At 595 euro it's the best value 50" TV for features. It has a fantastic panel with good brightness/colour and very high motion processing rates for sport and movies:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202566-viera-tx50ex700b.aspx

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David
    David

What bracket would go with this TV? Would you know how much space of depth would be required when recessing this tv with a bracket

Kenny
    I called the shop today to discuss my set up. You weren’t there but I think I’m nearly there. I’ll start off with 80 metres of the 200 sound cable at £1.50?

Also I have 3 IBRA 10M HDMI High Speed Cable v2.0 cables. Are these sufficient for Sky Blu-ray and connecting with the receiver and tv?

House will be finished September. Will the offer on the speakers and receiver Denon backache at 789 I think still be going? Will also prob look at a new tv
    Hi patravers,

If you want to PM me your contact number I can get that cable order processed for you.

With regards to the pricing, I'm afraid I don't know how long a price will last in advance. We always have bundle deals running though but it depends on current lines and cost prices.

Your HDMI cables should be fine. Are they active HDMI cables? We would recommend active cables for longer lengths as they tend to stop drop outs of sound and picture.

Kind regards

David
    My mobile is 087-0658467. Im a teacher and won't always be able to answer but ill call back. You dont by any chance take deposits on items? Also looking at getting a new TV up to 50 inch for the sitting room mostly for watching sports and movies not gaming. Any recommendations?
    Hi Patravers,

I will give you a call asap.

Kind regards

David
    could you delete messages with my number on them please. 

Also, have you any ideas re: TV for about 50 inches max. Its simply for sports and movies and not gaming. 
    Hi Patravers,

I would recommend the Panasonic TX50EX700. At 595 euro it's the best value 50" TV for features. It has a fantastic panel with good brightness/colour and very high motion processing rates for sport and movies:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202566-viera-tx50ex700b.aspx

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David
    David

What bracket would go with this TV? Would you know how much space of depth would be required when recessing this tv with a bracket
    Hi patravers,

I would have to look into the recessing measurements as you would need a bit of height to allow it to hook onto the bracket. Are you looking a for a flat bracket or a cantilever full motion one?

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t necessarily need a cantilever one but I seen they can make it easier to get behind the tv and also easier to hang perhaps. I was thinking
    Of recessing about 6 inches and leaving 1 inch all around the tv

I wouldn’t necessarily need a cantilever one but I seen they can make it easier to get behind the tv and also easier to hang perhaps. I was thinking
    Of recessing about 6 inches and leaving 1 inch all around the tv
    Hi patravers,

You probably would be better with a cantilever bracket as you can take the arm out and mount the TV and push it back into the recess.

I would recommend the Sanus BLF213 which can extend 84mm from the wall and will take a 50" TV.

These retails at £179.

Kind regards

David

Is this no longer available?

You could maybe even drop down to the AVRX2400 (Still has Dolby Atmos) and pair it with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 at a package deal of £789.00
    https://www.richersoun...-1-system-black.html

Also is the panasonic TX50EX700 no longer in stock? Is there an alternative as I have my recess based on this measurement. We had a hold up with our construction and are a few months behind

Is this no longer available?

You could maybe even drop down to the AVRX2400 (Still has Dolby Atmos) and pair it with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 at a package deal of £789.00
    https://www.richersoun...-1-system-black.html

Also is the panasonic TX50EX700 no longer in stock? Is there an alternative as I have my recess based on this measurement. We had a hold up with our construction and are a few months behind
    Hi Patravers.

There are still some of the 2400 left in stock even thought they have now been discontinued. The NEW 2500, 3500 4500 etc... have now been released.

You could indeed get the 2400 with the mass 5.1 deal and it would sound great. The link above does not open to anything and I can not see them bundles together at the £789 price.
    Could you resend the link as the one above seems incomplete.

I do see the AVRX2500 and the mass 5.1 pack listed as a package at £949
    https://www.richersounds.com/denon-avrx2500-monitor-audio-mass-5-1.html

You could maybe even look at the Sony 1080 paired with the mass pack for £899
    https://www.richersounds.com/sony-strdn1080-black-and-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-system-black.html

The 50EX700 has also now been discontinued and replaced by the 49FX700 priced at £619
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203239-panasonic-tx49fx700b-49-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-led-tv.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Patravers.

There are still some of the 2400 left in stock even thought they have now been discontinued. The NEW 2500, 3500 4500 etc... have now been released.

You could indeed get the 2400 with the mass 5.1 deal and it would sound great. The link above does not open to anything and I can not see them bundles together at the £789 price.

https://www.richersounds.com/sony-strdn1080-black-and-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-system-black.html

The 50EX700 has also now been discontinued and replaced by the 49FX700 priced at £619
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203239-panasonic-tx49fx700b-49-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-led-tv.aspx

Is the 500 worth the extra over the 400? I’ll look st measurements in the TV as it might accommodate a 55 inch.

• Advertisement

Hi Patravers.

Is the 500 worth the extra over the 400? I’ll look st measurements in the TV as it might accommodate a 55 inch.
    Hey Patravers.

There are are a differences between the two.
    All the HDMI inputs and outputs on the 2500 are compatible with HDR on the the 2400 not all of the are.
    The 2500 adds a 2nd sub output.
    I'm sure there are also other small changes to the parts used inside the 2500.

Both are still very good at what they do.

Whats the difference between the 
    [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TX49FX700B vs TX49FX550B[/font]

Hi Patravers,

The main difference is the panel type. The 550 uses an edge lit panl whereas the 700 makes use of local dimming. This is better for colour and contrast. The FX700 also has a higher motion processing rate (1600Hz BMR vs 1000 Hz BMR) which makes it a much smoother panel.

Kind regards

David

Hi Patravers,

The main difference is the panel type. The 550 uses an edge lit panl whereas the 700 makes use of local dimming. This is better for colour and contrast. The FX700 also has a higher motion processing rate (1600Hz BMR vs 1000 Hz BMR) which makes it a much smoother panel.

Kind regards

David
    I have a recess built in fire resistant board thats plastered. I will be mounting the television to this over the fireplace. Will the sanus flat bracket be ok or should i get the tilt one. Are these ok to mount to fire resistant board? 

Is there any of the denon 2400 still in stock? whats the best deal for a Tv an bracket? and also another price to include the denon 2400 and monitor mass 5.1?

Do you still do the deal to pay half now and half in 6 months?

Hi Patravers,

Kind regards

David
    I have a recess built in fire resistant board thats plastered. I will be mounting the television to this over the fireplace. Will the sanus flat bracket be ok or should i get the tilt one. Are these ok to mount to fire resistant board? 

Is there any of the denon 2400 still in stock? whats the best deal for a Tv an bracket? and also another price to include the denon 2400 and monitor mass 5.1?

Hi patravers,

Unfortunately the Denon AVRX2400 is completely discontinued and I have none left.

I do have stock of the AVRX2500. The Buy Now Pay later deal is not available with us I'm afraid, it is only available in our mainland stores. I can do a bundle on the AVRX2500 with the Mass 5.1 for £829.

With regards to the bracket, it really depends how high it is above your viewing position. It should link to fire resistant board so long as it's solid and can take the weight.

Kind regards

David

Hi Patravers,

Kind regards

David

Hi patravers,

Unfortunately the Denon AVRX2400 is completely discontinued and I have none left.

I do have stock of the AVRX2500. The Buy Now Pay later deal is not available with us I'm afraid, it is only available in our mainland stores. I can do a bundle on the AVRX2500 with the Mass 5.1 for £829.

With regards to the bracket, it really depends how high it is above your viewing position. It should link to fire resistant board so long as it's solid and can take the weight.

Kind regards

David
    I think what i will do is get the TV and bracket and get the speakers after christmas. Just too many outgoings after building the house which is why i wanted to do the pay later. 

I will measure the height the bottom of the TV is off the ground and get back to you regarding the bracket. 

Hi Patravers,

Kind regards

David

Hi patravers,

Kind regards

David
    I think what i will do is get the TV and bracket and get the speakers after christmas. Just too many outgoings after building the house which is why i wanted to do the pay later. 

I will measure the height the bottom of the TV is off the ground and get back to you regarding the bracket. 
    No problem at all Patravers.

Let us know when your ready.

I forgot the measurements but the tv is just above the fireplace so when sitting down it is above eyeline.

Would you recommend a tilt bracket? What’s the price for a bracket and the tv. I can call later to pay

I forgot the measurements but the tv is just above the fireplace so when sitting down it is above eyeline.

Would you recommend a tilt bracket? What’s the price for a bracket and the tv. I can call later to pay
    Hey Pat.

I tilt bracket might help if you find you are straining when watching the TV. The tilt bracket can also sit flat if the tilt action is not required.

A tilt bracket for a 49" would be the Sanus BMT1 priced at £79.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202733-sanus-bmt1-b1-37-50-inch-tilting-tv-bracket.aspx

Hey Pat.

I tilt bracket might help if you find you are straining when watching the TV. The tilt bracket can also sit flat if the tilt action is not required.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202733-sanus-bmt1-b1-37-50-inch-tilting-tv-bracket.aspx

There is a refurbished one on your eBay page. Can I get that one. You can phone me after half four (Snipped by Mod)

• Advertisement

Hey Pat.

There is a refurbished one on your eBay page. Can I get that one. You can phone me after half four

Hi Pat.

Just to confirm which TV is it that you are wanting to pull the trigger on?

Unfortunately the EBay page is linked to the main stores in England and not available via us here in Belfast.
    If you wanted the one on Ebay you would need to purchase it via there.

You should also remove your phone number from your post as its a public forum anyone could take it down and do goodness knows what with it.

Let me know you thoughts

Hi Pat.

Unfortunately the EBay page is linked to the main stores in England and not available via us here in Belfast.

You should also remove your phone number from your post as its a public forum anyone could take it down and do goodness knows what with it.

Let me know you thoughts
    I’ll buy that there but will take the tv. Will you do free shipping on the tv

Hi Pat.

Let me know you thoughts
    I’ll buy that there but will take the tv. Will you do free shipping on the tv
    Hi Pat.

Which TV is it that you are wanting to purchase and I can check if its margins will allow free shipping on it.

Hi Pat.

Which TV is it that you are wanting to purchase and I can check if its margins will allow free shipping on it.

Panasonic TX49FX700B- I have bought my ceiling speakers and wall cable and will also buy the package of mass audio and demon receiver after xmas! ðŸ˜႒

Hi Pat.

Panasonic TX49FX700B- I have bought my ceiling speakers and wall cable and will also buy the package of mass audio and demon receiver after xmas! ðŸ˜႒
    Will drop you a call ASAP Pat.

You have my number ?

You have my number ?
    Hi Pat.

Yes, as one of my posts above mention you had posted it on this public thread and the moderator "The Ritz" had to remove it in case someone else was to take it down.

I also have it stored under on your account.

We will drop you a call ASAP.

Kenny

Is the monitor mass audio discontinued? What is the replacement like? Is there a current package with denon

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Kenny

Is the monitor mass audio discontinued? What is the replacement like? Is there a current package with denon
    Hi patravers,

The older version of the Mass pack has been discontinued and replaced with the new version. The design is much better and I think the sound is better as well! We had a set in our demo room and they sound incredible!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203919-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-midnight-black-inc-6-year-g-tee-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

There is a package price on the AVRX2600 with the Mass 5.1 system at £749/879 euro however I am completely out of stock of the AVRX2600 at the moment!

I could do you the Mass pack with the Sony STRDN1080 for the same price though!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

I really don’t like Sony products- had a denon before and prefer their equipment. I’m not in a rush - when would they be back in stock
    Hi patravers,

The older version of the Mass pack has been discontinued and replaced with the new version. The design is much better and I think the sound is better as well! We had a set in our demo room and they sound incredible!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203919-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-midnight-black-inc-6-year-g-tee-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

There is a package price on the AVRX2600 with the Mass 5.1 system at £749/879 euro however I am completely out of stock of the AVRX2600 at the moment!

I could do you the Mass pack with the Sony STRDN1080 for the same price though!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.