Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on keto diet

Options
  • 07-04-2018 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I plan on starting the keto diet Monday but stuck with the whole 75%fat 20% protein. I made myself a sample meal plan on my fitness pal but I can't seem to get the protein under 50g per day. )Calories 1798) (carbs 24g ) (fat 146g) (protein 91g)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Macros would be based on calories not weight, 91g of protein would be 20% of your calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesyboid88

I understand but my head is wrecked as my macros are nearly always different when using different macro calculators online. I've just been using my fitness pal but my recommended calories seem low

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Can I also ask a question. Do you only have to worry about the ratio of macro's for Keto at the same time as exercising and bulking and cutting etc and is it only Net Carbs one has to worry about if one is only using Keto for weight loss. Also which carb figure should I be looking at on ingredient labels. The full carb figure or the 'Which sugars' figure??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Net carbs is carbs less fibre but only is applicable to foods labelled outside the EU. EU food labelling already excludes fibre from carbs but US labelling does not, so on anything that's packaged net carbs isn't a thing.

You're looking at the full carb figure

Edit to say I didn't understand your first question so can't answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭kincaid

I'm on keto or maybe more carnivore diet for 3 months and was going well and no issues until last week,

last week got cramps in stomach and Diarrhea, hit you at 4am in morning and you'd be going to the toilet every 10 minutes for the next few hours, tried fasting for 36 hours and that stopped it and was fine again, now yesterday it is back and up again at 4 or 5am, i'm not sick but just mild cramps and going to the toilet again every 5 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

Diarrhea is a good sign your body works well. Probably you eat something not cooked well or properly washed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Cill94

Advice: don't do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daisy Alina

If you follow these steps, you will see good results in weight loss.

Do Eat Leafy Greens

Don't Eat High-Sugar Fruit

DO Increase Your Intake of Seeds

Don't Buy Grain-Based Items

Do Add Nuts to Your Diet.

Don't Consume Sugar: Processed or Natural

Do eat lean protein.

Don't Eat High-Carb Vegetables

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

For protein should be combined with a little bit of fat, cut of lamb or beef, would be more nutritious, gives little buffer for digestion and reduce higher spikes of insulin. I would avoid chickens as much as possible.

Post edited by GoogleBot on

Advertisement