Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment buying issue

Options
  • 07-04-2018 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

So I found a place to buy quite a few weeks ago. Placed my bid.... Accepted by the seller. Ad taken down. Deposit paid. Got a solicitor involved. Started paying in to mortgage protection. Got an engineer in. Got the valuation done. Bank says that all forms ready to be signed next week. All done .......???
    I still have alerts set up on Daft - today new place is advertised in the same area I'm buying in... Curiosity leads me to check it out... It's "my apartment"... The seller went with a new auctioneer. No warning. Nothing!!!
    Higher price ... Out of my price range.
    Is this fair / just?
    I've spent money between valuation and engineer on a place I was never in the running for!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MissGriff

God that's a bummer. In your list of things you did , you say ' ad taken down' . Did you or your solicitor tell them that your offer was only being offered 'on condition the property is taken off the market' As far as I know in my basic house buying experience ,unless this is specified and agreed to, they can still advertise for a higher offer.
    There is quite a difference in the two.
    Also, just curious why your paying the mortgage protection already.
    You might be lucky and no one else makes an higher bid. Get onto your solicitor first thing Monday and see what's what.
    I hope it works out in your favour...fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ESMA wrote: »
    Started paying in to mortgage protection.
    Why?
    I've spent money between valuation and engineer on a place I was never in the running for!
    Until both parties sign the contract, it isn't yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ESMA

The bank said if I don't go with their mortgage protection company I would have to show proof I'm paying in to mortgage protection for at least 2 weeks before they'll draw down the loan. I went with a broker as it was so much cheaper.

Thanks for your response

the_syco wrote: »
    Why?

Until both parties sign the contract, it isn't yours.

Obviously you're right. It's just quite hard to see people can be so ruthless . Not even telling me. The guy who did the valuation on the property is now the new auctioneer.... Seems very unethical in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Obviously you're right. It's just quite hard to see people can be so ruthless . Not even telling me. The guy who did the valuation on the property is now the new auctioneer.... Seems very unethical in my view.

You should have never told him what you were paying.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    You should have never told him what you were paying.

I didn't say I told him what I was paying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

You should post on the accomodation forum.
    You are not going to get the advise you need here.
    Ps. I think that is shocking.

Wesser wrote: »
    You should post on the accomodation forum.
    You are not going to get the advise you need here.
    Ps. I think that is shocking.
    Thanks Wesser, I was so upset when I wrote that post I didn't even find the right forum - I just found it now and posted it there. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'll close this one so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement