Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 gardai got my name yesterday

• 07-04-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Yesterday one of my friends asked me a favour, he's from Cork and wants to work as a Rickshaw driver in Dublin, so he wanted me to go with him to Grafton Street to explore the area.
    So we went together and when we were there we discovered that the main job of rickshaw drivers is drug dealers.
    Anyway he was driving and I was sitting down in the back seat and suddenly 2 Walker gardai saw us and came to us, firstly I thought that they would talk to my friend about the road rules so I get off and left the rickshaw ( and this was my biggest mistake), they thought that I am a drug dealer and I wanted to escape. They stopped me and asked me to give them my ID, my name, and my address and they wrote this information in a small notebook, then they inspected me looking for some drugs.
    They didn't find anything and then they explained to me the reason for that and they said that I'm not in troubles.
    I'm a little bit scared of that, what are they going to do with my information, am I in trouble, I will apply soon for the Irish citizenship so will the government refuse or delay my application because of that?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Morisio wrote:
    Yesterday one of my friends asked me a favour, he's from Cork and wants to work as a Rickshaw driver in Dublin, so he wanted me to go with him to Grafton Street to explore the area. So we went together and when we were there we discovered that the main job of rickshaw drivers is drug dealers. Anyway he was driving and I was sitting down in the back seat and suddenly 2 Walker gardai saw us and came to us, firstly I thought that they would talk to my friend about the road rules so I get off and left the rickshaw ( and this was my biggest mistake), they thought that I am a drug dealer and I wanted to escape. They stopped me and asked me to give them my ID, my name, and my address and they wrote this information in a small notebook,

And?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

And this has has what to do with Garda recruitment, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Morisio

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    And?

Sorry I posted before finishing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Dial Hard wrote: »
    And this has has what to do with Garda recruitment, exactly?

2 things are immediately apparent to anyone with a brain, on reading the OP.

1. It has zero to do with Garda recruitment so there is really no need to ask that question.

2. It is obvious that this was mistakenly and innocently posted in the wrong place by someone for whom English is not their first language so there really is no need to ask that question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Probably because you stole a rickshaw :D

Reminds me of the time I was in the city centre with my mate and he said he wanted to be a taxi driver. So then he was driving and I was in the back. He had the meter running and said I'd have to pay him.

Then he said he wanted to be a pilot and as we were flying over the Atlantic, he realised he doesn't know how to fly a plane and started crying.

Edit: You didn't do anything wrong, presuming he had permission to use the rickshaw. So nothing will happen with your details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Morisio wrote: »
    Yesterday one of my friends asked me a favour, he's from Cork and wants to work as a Rickshaw driver in Dublin, so he wanted me to go with him to Grafton Street to explore the area.
    So we went together and when we were there we discovered that the main job of rickshaw drivers is drug dealers.
    Anyway he was driving and I was sitting down in the back seat and suddenly 2 Walker gardai saw us and came to us, firstly I thought that they would talk to my friend about the road rules so I get off and left the rickshaw ( and this was my biggest mistake), they thought that I am a drug dealer and I wanted to escape. They stopped me and asked me to give them my ID, my name, and my address and they wrote this information in a small notebook, then they inspected me looking for some drugs.
    They didn't find anything and then they explained to me the reason for that and they said that I'm not in troubles.
    I'm a little bit scared of that, what are they going to do with my information, am I in trouble, I will apply soon for the Irish citizenship so will the government refuse or delay my application because of that?
    Thanks in advance
    I can't see how being found sitting in a rickshaw could affect your citizenship application!!

Don't worry about it...it's an insignificant incident.

Advertisement