Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unicable vu+

Options
  • 07-04-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi, sorry if this has been asked before but i searched and the answers were above my head.
    my vu+ solo2 died recently so i bought a vu+ ultimo 4k. it has a twin fbc tuner. to get all the benefits of the fbc tuners i think a unicable 2 lnb is what i need. if i stick one on the sattelite dish obviously theres only one cable coming off it to the box. do i simply split the cable and send a feed to the tuners twin imputs or do i need to do something else?
    ill only be looking at 28.2 and at the minute im just using 2 feeds from the normal lnb, but im not getting access to 8 tuners if-on the very rare times-i need to watch/record more than 5 channels.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Is there no setting in the firmware of the device to couple both tuners or pass through to the second tuner?
    I would expect only a single cable should be necessary in your situation (one Sat position).
    I don't have this box but would definitely be looking at the set up and manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scas100

Thanks for the reply.
    I can easily loop through the tiner to the second and then to the virtuals. The twin tuner is physicly one tuner. I have a dvb t twin tuner in it as well and theres a slot for another twin fbc tuner, but i cant loop through from one twin to another-when i get the second.
    Ive read-but not fully understood-that looping through isnt the best way to do it

Advertisement