Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you guys for real??

Options
  • 07-04-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I changed to eir a couple weeks ago and was informed I would have install done yesterday which actually happened. Moved broadband over and worked fine. Today I thought about the phone and there was no dial tone. I then spent a couple hours resetting modem etc etc to see if it was my fault somehow. I then tried to register with myeir and could not as the phone number that i ported and the a/c number were not synced. 
    I went on to web chat where I was asked for my account number and promptly forgotten (despite many "hellos").
    Eventually I got through to a tech who explained that there was no number for the account yet and would be done on April 26th! I have really poor mobile reception in my house so this mattered to me.
    NO ONE told me any of this. Not that my phone number could change. I just spent 3 hours trying to fix a service I was not given. Angry is an understatement.

WTF is wrong the people in this company? Do they give a **** about customers at all? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

So rang "customer care" - No phone till end of months (after I made them check of course - were assuring me it was only a couple days first).

How on earth can a service be such a joke?? Does anyone know if I have any legal recourse here? I work from home and telephony/broadband is essential to me. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

As a workaround, try and see if the app works over WiFi on home broadband, assuming broadband is working.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.witsoftware.eirTalk

Ten Pin wrote: »
    As a workaround, try and see if the app works over WiFi on home broadband, assuming broadband is working.

I don't have a phone number - (I did until Friday!) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

yfaykya wrote: »

Hi yfaykya, 

I'm very sorry to hear this and I understand your frustration here. 

If a technician is required to connect the service it can take this time I'm afraid. If you PM me your account number, full name, date of birth and email address I can have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi yfaykya, 

If a technician is required to connect the service it can take this time I'm afraid. If you PM me your account number, full name, date of birth and email address I can have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Whether a technician is required or not why was I not informed? Also the technician who was on site Fri did not mention this either. Who would actually change providers if it meant best part of a month without a phone line?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi yfaykya, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Whether a technician is required or not why was I not informed? Also the technician who was on site Fri did not mention this either. Who would actually change providers if it meant best part of a month without a phone line?
    I completely understand your frustration here. 

I have received your PM, I'll look into this and will get back to you shortly. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement