Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams discount not given

Options
  • 07-04-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My wife shopped in Debenhams today while they were having a sale, spend €50 and get €10 off. She bought a dress for €70 and didn't get the discount and she didn't notice until she got home. To phone them you have to ring a premium rate phone number and while been charged by the minute she didn't get to talk to anyone but was left on hold for 10 minutes.

I wonder how many other people this happened to today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

My wife shopped in Debenhams today while they were having a sale, spend €50 and get €10 off. She bought a dress for €70 and didn't get the discount and she didn't notice until she got home. To phone them you have to ring a premium rate phone number and while been charged by the minute she didn't get to talk to anyone but was left on hold for 10 minutes.

I wonder how many other people this happened to today.

Offers doesn't apply to everything in store.

Always check receipts instore, because mistakes happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaddyGannon

The offer does apply to the dress. I would agree with checking the receipt before leaving the shop, she didn't but why should she have to. They make the offer so it is up to them to apply it. As it would be an easy thing to do electronically, you have to wonder why she didn't get it.

That is why I am warning people. There is something fishy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The offer does apply to the dress. I would agree with checking the receipt before leaving the shop, she didn't but why should she have to. They make the offer so it is up to them to apply it. As it would be an easy thing to do electronically, you have to wonder why she didn't get it.

That is why I am warning people. There is something fishy with it.

To ensure that mistakes aren't made, and that the correct change is given.

Nowt fishy, more than likely an easy explanation. Go back to the shop, and find out.

(Contacting Debenhams by phone is horrendous, but that's a different argument.)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaddyGannon

She got through on the phone the second time trying to be told she should have got the discount and "they don't know why she didn't get it" It all sounds very fishy to me.

The reason I am posting here is just to warn people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

every shop in this country will have at some stage a discount not applied ocrrectly/price incorrectly charged etc. Nothing fishy but a rather annoying mistake. How did she not notice she was being charged 70 and not 60 though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement