Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Adapter keeps disconnecting sense upgrading to windows 10.

Options
  • 07-04-2018 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I upgraded to windows 10 a week ago. Sense my network adapter disconnects and reconnects constantly while downloading. Its fine when streaming and playing games on the highest available quality.

I have turned off the option to save energy on the network adapter, changed my power settings to highest performance and updated my network drivers to the most recent stable version.

Its starting to get really annoying as downloads are taking much longer then they should with my speeds.

Im using a TP-Link usb adapter and I never once had an issue on Windows 7 with it.

Also sometimes when the network adapter disconnects I also loose use of my mouse and keyboard for a couple of seconds..

Windows 10 is also updated to the most current version.

Any suggestions to fix this issue would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Likely to be driver conflict. Had an issue when I upgraded and ended up using a Wi-Fi dongle. After a while I went through any resource site I could to locate motherboard firmware and network card drivers. Until one eventually sorted it.

I have a TP link Ethernet usb also. But that kept disconnecting because of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Likely to be driver conflict. Had an issue when I upgraded and ended up using a Wi-Fi dongle. After a while I went through any resource site I could to locate motherboard firmware and network card drivers. Until one eventually sorted it.

I have a TP link Ethernet usb also. But that kept disconnecting because of the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it just now. I disabled mircosoft driver updating, then I downloaded the correct drivers for the make and model of my USB adapter.
    I uninstalled the currently installed driver from the device manager. Then installed the new driver. Did a restart. And tested again there with a download.
    This time there was about 10 minutes between disconnects instead of every 30 seconds or so which has helped a bit but Its still an issue.
    Also tried another suggestion I got elsewhere to download a program called "usbview" to check if there was any errors on my usb port and to check if its not going into power saving mode. Which it doesn't seam to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Wrecking my head with this for too long. Just gonna bite the bullet and buy a wireless card :p:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

killanena wrote: »
    Also sometimes when the network adapter disconnects I also loose use of my mouse and keyboard for a couple of seconds..

Ignore the NIC drivers, its USB/Chipset drivers that are botched.

Advertisement