Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - undelivered package again

Options
  • 07-04-2018 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Sorry this is as much of a rant as anything else as I can’t talk to them until Monday 9am!

Wtf is it with an post that their drivers can get away with just not taking packages out for delivery? This morning, received a text at 9.03 to say package out for delivery today. Brilliant, I’m home all day. At about 4pm no delivery so went into track the package, Amazon tracking said failed delivery at 9:00 am. Rang an post, automated tracking said failed delivery at 8:53. Clearly there wasn’t, I was fncking here and up since 7am, and the text that it was out for delivery was sent after the failed delivery.

This happens at least half our packages, ie failed delivery at a time someone was home. The other half are times we weren’t there so can’t say if they did try to deliver or not. Suspect not.

Anyway rant over. Anyone any idea if:

1. An post can tell if the driver put the package in his van (will there be a scan on scan off) or whether he was just being a lazy boll1x?
    2. How many times they will put this back out for delivery when I contact them Monday - Not sure if I will be home Monday so may need a couple of actual delivery attempts, like most other delivery companies do!

The depot is 2 miles away so don’t have time to walk there and back, and shouldn’t really have to.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

this happens all the time, postman doesnt bring the package with him and marks as missed delivery - i used to live in dublin city center in an apartment block - i caught the postman putting a missed delivery docket in my letterbox as i left the apartment - i asked him where the package was - he said he didnt bring it with him as he thought there wouldnt be anyone home... lol - he didnt ring my bell either..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mammuth

yeah, we’re Dublin City centre in an apartment as well. Normally I suck it up and collect it, but I’m really busy this week and the depot was changed lately to a one way farther away so I’m pissed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sam22

Usuall when you get the out for delivery text .there should be a contact number for the postman.also if you ring that number you should be able to arrange deliver for after 6pm.did you provide a contact number to amazon. If all else fails call customer services and explain that you were in all day and let them deal with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭kaymin

At least you're able to collect the package - I got my delivery text on 22 March and I've heard nothing since. Package wasn't brought back to the depot for pickup. No docket put through the letter box. Wasn't dropped to a neighbour. Delivery woman is on holidays for another week so I'm hoping it's in the boot of her car....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Parcel motel eliminates all of these issues if it was available you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

kaymin wrote: »
    At least you're able to collect the package - I got my delivery text on 22 March and I've heard nothing since. Package wasn't brought back to the depot for pickup. No docket put through the letter box. Wasn't dropped to a neighbour. Delivery woman is on holidays for another week so I'm hoping it's in the boot of her car....

It might be in a hedge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭kaymin

It might be in a hedge?

Nowhere really in my garden to hide it. If she just posted the docket to let me know where she left it it wouldn't be so bad. I'll be out of warranty by time I try the thing I've bought!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I had the same this morning, didn't even think posties delivered on Saturdays. Tracking says delivery attempted you can collect your package at the address on the notice. No notice and no package. We have 3 dogs who go lunatic before anyone even gets to ring the bell so missing the postie is very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If you are not home don't they leave a note in your door saying that you can pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    If you are not home don't they leave a note in your door saying that you can pick it up?

I would have thought so but no notice, no parcel, no dogs going nuts around the time it was apparently attempted. Just an email saying it can be collected at the address on the notice I didn't get.

Are parcels delivered by the ordinary postie because our lad is spot on, never any issues. Mabey there is a Saturday lad who doesn't know the area or whatever.

It's no biggie for me, the only thing is that there are 2 depots near me and no doubt I'll go to the wrong one first.

• Advertisement

RustyNut wrote:
    Are parcels delivered by the ordinary postie because our lad is spot on, never any issues. Mabey there is a Saturday lad who doesn't know the area or whatever.

Small parcels can be delivered by the regular postie. Saturday delivery is only parcel delivery so its the guy in the van & not your regular postie

RustyNut wrote:

Small parcels can be delivered by the regular postie. Saturday delivery is only parcel delivery so its the guy in the van & not your regular postie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mammuth

I didn’t go with parcel motel as there could have been up to 5 separate deliveries, as it turns out there was only one. Regardless I think in future I’ll just take my chances and go with PM. Less stress.

Advertisement