Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing/recliner/armchair

Options
  • 07-04-2018 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Looking for recommendations from those who have used one before. We didn’t have room last time. I have space upstairs for a little nook this time around, comfy armchair, small table and maybe a tv in part of the spare room. The space will be mine for headspace when I need it going forward, I love to read and listen to music anyways and we’re setting it up now anyways (I’m almost 13 weeks).

I’d like to try and make sure whatever I get for reading in for the next few weeks will also work at nights with a newborn. So has anyone any recommendations? Did you get a purpose nursing chair? Or just a bedroom chair or a recliner? Footstool yes or no?

Edit: Should have said, I'm plus size, as is my husband so sturdy is a must so I'm not sure on the gliders? I can't find weight limits anywhere online. And I will be bottle feeding (medication issue)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I didn't have space for a chair so fed on the sofa or in bed. A footstool didn't work for us but that could be my own preference or the height of my couch. I was feeding about 4/5 weeks when my friend gave me a Brest Friend feeding pillow and it was a game changer! I barely had to hold my little fella when I used it. I had been using a V shaped pillow but it was too soft to add any support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I suppose it all depends on your favourite feeding position. I feed in the laid back position because the weight is on my body then (I couldn’t deal with breastfeeding pillows) so a footstool would be a must for me. I feed on the sofa during the day and always have my feet on the coffee table.

I love the idea of having your own little area with the chair etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

If I had space I definitely would have gotten the BAbylo Glider or similar with foot stool. My sister had one and it was so comfortable and supportive., even if not breastfeeding, just for holding or rocking baby or for relaxing and reading a book. An armchair or recliner doesn't come close. You can always buy one on Adverts if too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I was going to use a spare armchair, but my husband insisted on getting a proper nursing rocking chair, and I'll be honest, it was one of the best things we bought, it's been used every night since our little girl was about 10 weeks old, and when she was younger, multiple times a day (it's in her room). If you go ahead with something like that I also recommend a good nursing pillow (I know you won't be breastfeeding, but it would still be very useful to make you comfy when feeding baby as it creates a nice cozy pocket for them to fit into).

• Advertisement
Advertisement