Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa medical

Options
  • 07-04-2018 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Had my visa medical at the Mater hospital yesterday. €395, crazy money for a few minutes with a doctor who hasn't got a clue about you. They would be better getting the information from your gp who at least knows your medical history.

IR1 visa application for spouse of a US citizen. The initial application I-130 was sent in March 2017 and my final interview at the embassy is 17 April. Assuming all is good I hope to be over there mid June.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Was there any physical examination, did you have to have x-rays and/or blood tests for specific diseases? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

coylemj wrote: »
    Was there any physical examination, did you have to have x-rays and/or blood tests for specific diseases? Just curious.

Urine test, blood test and an x-ray and a very basic chat with the doctor. The doc just listened to my chest and had me breathe in and out a few times. Weight and height measured and a quickie eye test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 buknit

hi.. how many days did you wait for your visa medical result? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

buknit wrote: »
    hi.. how many days did you wait for your visa medical result? thanks!

It took about two weeks to get them and that was by putting a little pressure on. I actually got them the day before my interview at the embassy. The hospital told me that sometimes people have their interviews without the results and they would forward them later.

The day of the interview when I was asked for the medical packet the guy opened it and had a quick look and then stared at me. He then said no visa for you today the doctor has not put an expiry date on the medical (normally 6 months after having it). They said they would immediately send it back to the hospital themselves and get it sorted. Three weeks later still no visa so I called the Mater and asked had the embassy been in touch and they said no. I explained about no expiry date on the medical and she put me on hold. When she came back she said she had phoned the embassy and the hospital were going to send a courier to collect the paperwork to get it dated and then brought back to the embassy.

Advertisement