Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Castlemartyr-April 28th-11:40am

Options
  • 07-04-2018 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi Lads
    With our season well underway now the GOTY table is already looking interesting:cool: With a first boards win for Benny he has started the year great....Sorry about the confusion on the next outing as Douglas left it until last minute to confirm tee off times! It left us no choice but to change venue.Castlemartyr is a beatiful inland links course which I have played many times.It is situated on the grounds of the castlemartyr hotel and has a great clubhouse overlooking the 18th green.The course itself has a great range of holes which should suit the long hitters off the forward tees.
    I wanted to tip the cap to all the lads from the very south for supporting all the boards outings over the years so that was the idea in having an outing in Cork city a bit closer to home for 1 outing at least.We have only 9 confirmed for this outing so far so hopefully everyone can make a good effort to travel for this 1.
    The outing is 40 again for members and 50 for visitors(The next few outings are back down to 35 for members ).
    We can get out in 3 balls aswell lads so should be a faster round than the last 2:):):)
    Talk soon
    PP;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭davegilly

Hi Lads
    With our season well underway now the GOTY table is already looking interesting:cool: With a first boards win for Benny he has started the year great....Sorry about the confusion on the next outing as Douglas left it until last minute to confirm tee off times! It left us no choice but to change venue.Castlemartyr is a beatiful inland links course which I have played many times.It is situated on the grounds of the castlemartyr hotel and has a great clubhouse overlooking the 18th green.The course itself has a great range of holes which should suit the long hitters off the forward tees.
    I wanted to tip the cap to all the lads from the very south for supporting all the boards outings over the years so that was the idea in having an outing in Cork city a bit closer to home for 1 outing at least.We have only 9 confirmed for this outing so far so hopefully everyone can make a good effort to travel for this 1.
    The outing is 40 again for members and 50 for visitors(The next few outings are back down to 35 for members ).
    We can get out in 3 balls aswell lads so should be a faster round than the last 2:):):)
    Talk soon
    PP;)

Terry, do I need to reconfirm this? I answered the teamer for Douglas, was there another one for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭a post punk

davegilly wrote: »
    Hi Lads
    Talk soon
    PP;)

Terry, do I need to reconfirm this? I answered the teamer for Douglas, was there another one for this one?
    No the teamer invite was updated so if you accepted it’s okay

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Anyone up to sharing the lift from Dublin? I would love to play but too lazy to drive for over 5 hours on my own in a single day. Could also drive on Friday as I am not working that Friday either and could play a round somewhere around there too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

More than likely getting divorced for this one - fly in from 2 weeks away with work at 8pm Thursday night, my daughters confirmation is Friday (Which we booked for Blarney Golf Resort :D) and playing this on the Saturday.......
    I wonder if I'll be allowed some putting practice after the meal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Break80

ssbob wrote: »
    More than likely getting divorced for this one - fly in from 2 weeks away with work at 8pm Thursday night, my daughters confirmation is Friday (Which we booked for Blarney Golf Resort :D) and playing this on the Saturday.......

Playing Ballybunnion Thurs. Killarney Fri. Castlemartye Sat and away in Doonbeg Fri / Sat for 2 rounds the following weekend.
    The silence in my house is scary at the moment.
    We might get a better rate in a hotel together when we get thrown out.ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Break80 wrote: »
    ssbob wrote: »

Playing Ballybunnion Thurs. Killarney Fri. Castlemartye Sat and away in Doonbeg Fri / Sat for 2 rounds the following weekend.
    Could work out well - I am willing to live in a camper van for the summer.... and play loads of golf!! I will do my grovelling at the end of October to get in for the winter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

thats a good tour but you will be wrecked by the time you get to castlemartyr!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Break80

slingerz wrote: »
    thats a good tour but you will be wrecked by the time you get to castlemartyr!

Trying to sort out a designated driver at the moment. If this comes off I will have to play castlemartye by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Trying to sort out a designated driver at the moment. If this comes off I will have to play castlemartye by myself.

what date is it, i'll join you if i can

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Having a bit of a struggle with this one. First medal of the year is scheduled in my place the same date & I'd rather not miss it. But I still haven't managed to play castlemartyr & it's on my list of courses to hit.

Will let you know asap captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Having a bit of a struggle with this one. First medal of the year is scheduled in my place the same date & I'd rather not miss it. But I still haven't managed to play castlemartyr & it's on my list of courses to hit.

You will have plenty of chances for medals Space! but maybe not many chances to play Castlemartyr ;)

benny79 wrote: »

You will have plenty of chances for medals Space! but maybe not many chances to play Castlemartyr ;)

I agree with Benny!!

Benny is getting a captains pick for that comment alone ,:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just back off my holliers :(
    Haven't hit a ball in over a month :(

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be making this one. With the distance I probably would of wanted to do an overnight and not sure how that would have gone down at home... thought in fairness I normally don't have any issues on that front. As it happens, it is also first round of the Greystones Presidents Prize on Saturday and second round on the Sunday, so for the first time since I joined the Boards society, I am going to put club golf first.

Enjoy folks and will hopefully see you at the next outing

Seve OB wrote: »
    Just back off my holliers :(
    Haven't hit a ball in over a month :(

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be making this one.  With the distance I probably would of wanted to do an overnight and not sure how that would have gone down at home... thought in fairness I normally don't have any issues on that front.  As it happens, it is also first round of the Greystones Presidents Prize on Saturday and second round on the Sunday, so for the first time since I joined the Boards society, I am going to put club golf first.

Enjoy folks and will hopefully see you at the next outing
    You have changed mate :angel:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

I'm a tentative at the moment for Castlemartyr Captain. Will confirm closer to the time but just wanted to keep you up to date.

ballyk wrote: »
    I'm a tentative at the moment for Castlemartyr Captain. Will confirm closer to the time but just wanted to keep you up to date.
    No prob Ballyk

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

hi lads, i'm not a society member but wondering if could I pop along on the 28th as a visitor?

no problem if your tee-time slots are filled!

hi lads, i'm not a society member but wondering if could I pop along on the 28th as a visitor?

no problem if your tee-time slots are filled!
    Hi Kenneth
    No problem plenty of space at the moment with 20 slots booked and only 9 confirmed. An unusually low turnout at the moment.

Hi Kenneth
    No problem plenty of space at the moment with 20 slots booked and only 9 confirmed. An unusually low turnout at the moment.

hopefully it'll fill up in the next week.
    thanks for that, I'll see ye there on the 28th

• Advertisement

Full video of castlemartyr golf club here lads.

Is there a timesheet for tomorrow Captain?

it's next weekend I thought?

it's next weekend I thought?

You are correct, my mistake - sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

i'm away in belfast with work the weekend. only had it confirmed today.
    sorry

Chomping at the bit there Ballyk??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Giving lads heart attacks there Bally!!

Lads can I just say and I'm not on the board or anything yet ;) but there is a lot of lads who travel a long way for most outings especially the Cork lads and rarely miss any. Its a society were we have members from all over the Country and from different walks of life and we get to play course's we would never really get a chance to otherwise. Its why I joined and which I love. I know it might be a pain for some as in a 3+ hour drive but this is why we are all a bit golf nuts! Going out in the wind and rain even some in the snow :rolleyes: chasing the game that 1 shot or score that gives you that high!

So I just ask lads that are not considering going because its too far to reconsider, enjoy the drive and the countryside this lovely country of ours has to offer, Enjoy the golf good or bad, have some food and rip the piss out of the Rebels!!

Trust me its better then mowing the lawn! and Castlemartyr is meant to be a super track it has all the makings of a great day out..

And if your not a member but fancy coming, you can come as a visitor more than welcome we are a great bunch of golf nuts who all met over the internet nothing weird at all about that.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Well said Benny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well said Benny
    And you are right, it is a cracking course.
    One of the reasons I love society golf is the opportunity to travel around the country and play courses that I would not normally have an opportunity to get out on.

• Advertisement

Giving lads heart attacks there Bally!!

Lads can I just say and I'm not on the board or anything yet ;) but there is a lot of lads who travel a long way for most outings especially the Cork lads and rarely miss any. Its a society were we have members from all over the Country and from different walks of life and we get to play course's we would never really get a chance to otherwise. Its why I joined and which I love. I know it might be a pain for some as in a 3+ hour drive but this is why we are all a bit golf nuts! Going out in the wind and rain even some in the snow :rolleyes: chasing the game that 1 shot or score that gives you that high!

So I just ask lads that are not considering going because its too far to reconsider, enjoy the drive and the countryside this lovely country of ours has to offer, Enjoy the golf good or bad, have some food and rip the piss out of the Rebels!!

Trust me its better then mowing the lawn! and Castlemartyr is meant to be a super track it has all the makings of a great day out..

And if your not a member but fancy coming, you can come as a visitor more than welcome we are a great bunch of golf nuts who all met over the internet nothing weird at all about that.. :D
    Cheers Benny looking forward to taking your title next week, the lessons are starting to pay off the last week or two:)

Advertisement