Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Castlemartyr-April 28th-11:40am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Really sorry lads , I have to pull out I have a communion that I can’t get out of otherwise I’d still be going

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭davegilly

Apologies lads, I will have to pull out as well - have to work in Dublin Saturday morning. Was really looking forward to this, haven't played since last outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Alanm

Sorry guys, was hoping to go but can't make it now. Am away working next week and I think I'd be shot if I even asked to disappear off on Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Break80

Jeez. They are dropping like flys out of this one.
    How many souls have we now captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭a post punk

Break80 wrote: »
    Jeez. They are dropping like flys out of this one.
    How many souls have we now captain.
    Running around 11 at the moment and 2 visitors confirmed. Guaranteed points for those who travel:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Running around 11 at the moment and 2 visitors confirmed. Guaranteed points for those who travel:)

Dam work 😣
    On-call sucks

Hope sun is out lads an yeas go low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Castlemartyr was a cracker last time we played it. One of the highlights of the year. Some lovely photos here from the thread 2 years ago https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100422599&postcount=40

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Castlemartyr was a cracker last time we played it. One of the highlights of the year. Some lovely photos here from the thread 2 years ago https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100422599&postcount=40

Enjoy!

hope Saturday is half as nice as that day! lashing down here (Cork) at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

hope Saturday is half as nice as that day! lashing down here (Cork) at the moment

and Dublin :( its poxy

got 9 in last night in Castleknock, was mad windy. 9 more tonight in Greystones.... it better stop raining :(

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Still trying to figure out how I can manage to attend, trying to plan it as a mini-vacations and have to sell it to the OH, what is the deadline to confirm captain?

• Advertisement

Friday night you can confirm jarietta, I will put you on the timesheet provisionall. Thanks

Anyway, still open to share the drive on the day or Friday if it suits someone. Currently planning to play Mount Juliet on Fri at 43 Eur as I've never played it

Or another option is to play the open in Ballikisteen on Friday and staying in Tipperary town, the timesheet is completely empty though, but I am concerned of playing alone Mt Juliet and being behind slow 4 balls tbh

Timesheet as follows lads
    11:40am Kennethrhcp-Benny79-Macker1
    11:50am Brian Rossiter-Doublecross-Break80
    12:00pm BallyK-Kiers47-CharlieIRL
    12:10pm Jarietta-Tigerwood-M.Murphy
    12:20pm SSBob-A Post Punk

14 down to play so there are still slots available if there are any latecomers :)

Ok, have tried to make this work but cannot find the way to make it work, I will update my status in teamer.

Sorry for that lads, enjoy the day out there, that is a course I am really looking forward to playing!

Thanks for letting us know Jarietta, sorry you can’t make it.

Thanks captain, not sure when I am going to be able to play this year, all the events this summer I am away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭paulos53

Enjoy the day tomorrow guys :)

I am teeing off in the members competition at 9:00 so I might see some of you on my way to the 10th tee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭valoren

Playing in work society there tomorrow. Hope the weather holds. It's a lovely course.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Last time we played Castlemartyr I'd played in the Captain's Prize in Ballykisteen that morning and then raced down to Castlemartyr right after. :eek: Just about made it to the first tee on time!

Luckily I've no 18 holes planned for tomorrow morning! See you guys down there. Hopefully the weather will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Lighthearted query.. both valoren and paulos53 playing same course, same day. If same tee's are also used could they also enter the boards comp too and notch up some valuable fedex(GOTY) points? :pac:

• Advertisement

Longest drive on 18 and nearest the pin on 5 tomorrow lads. We are playing off the whites as no yellows in use, and it’s lift clean and place everywhere. ( bunkers are not in play today and possibly tomorrow ).

paulos53 wrote: »
    Enjoy the day tomorrow guys :)

I am teeing off in the members competition at 9:00 so I might see some of you on my way to the 10th tee
    Any idea what condition the course is in Paulos? A lot of rain again this week......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭paulos53

The fairways and greens are generally good but the rough is very soft and balls are liable to plug.

So keep a good eye on any balls heading for the rough especially on holes 2 to 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Looking forward to this. Haven't played the course in a good number of years (possibly 3) Have played it 5+ times though and one of my favorite in Cork.
    Hopefully i can finally get a score going in one of these events.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. Haven't played the course in a good number of years (possibly 3) Have played it 5+ times though and one of my favorite in Cork.
    Hopefully i can finally get a score going in one of these events.
    With that big sombrero of a handicap it’ll surely happen Saturday :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

With that big sombrero of a handicap it’ll surely happen Saturday :):)

Haha. Easy now!
    My away form is very poor. Similar to Arsenal.
    Im building for the time when ye visit my home course :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

safe travels lads and enjoy

Just hit the snooze button for another hour:):) see ye all soon lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭valoren

That was my plugged drive on 18. Hope ok to mark the board. Half the ball was buried. Story of the day.

• Advertisement

1st place Kiers47-36 points
    2nd place Doublecross-35 points
    3rd place SS BOB- 34 points
    Longest Drive- Kennethrhcp
    Nearest the pin- Brian Rossiter
    No 2’s on the day so we’ll roll over to the next outing.

Advertisement