Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chromecast question

• 07-04-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭

Simple question, if I'm to use chromecast, does my PC have to be Wi-Fi enabled or can it be directly connected to the router, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

hairyslug wrote: »
    Simple question, if I'm to use chromecast, does my PC have to be Wi-Fi enabled or can it be directly connected to the router, thanks

Chromecast goes into the TV. You cast from your phone/laptop /pc to it via WiFi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The Chromecast and computer need to be on the same network. It's fine if the computer is wired and not WiFi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Thanks all, just to confirm, PC will be connected to router, chromecast to TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just another couple of questions here.
    Is there any way to get chromecast to work without using your phone. I normally put it on in the house but if I leave the house, the chromecast stops casting presumably as the phone is no longer connected to the network.

Also I see Now Tv and Netflix can now be streamed while on your holidays in Europe. Is it possible to take the chromecast with you and stream to the tv in your holiday stay, provided there is wifi there?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's still the case but when I tried it before and the hotel had a sign-in splash page for their WiFi it wouldn't work. Can't get the Chromecast onto the network.

A hotel that doesn't want you streaming I guess.

Would holiday rentals be similar?

Either way there is going to be big demand for this when a big match is on and you're abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Hi

I'm casting photos from google photos to my tv but they are not full screen, just taking up the middle part of the screen.

Have I to change a setting?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Just another couple of questions here.
    Is there any way to get chromecast to work without using your phone. I normally put it on in the house but if I leave the house, the chromecast stops casting presumably as the phone is no longer connected to the network.

Yes, get a Google Home, them you can tell it to stream whatever to the Chromecast

Yes, get a Google Home, them you can tell it to stream whatever to the Chromecast

So chromecast and Home would have to be powered on permanently then. Would they be using much data?

• Advertisement
Advertisement