Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park gate tullow

Options
  • 08-04-2018 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi myself and my wife are currently renting in tullow the past 3 years and are hoping to be in a position to buy in the next 9-12 months we have our heart set on park gate estate in tullow but know very little about the estate (how many houses are occupied) etc would anyone have any info on the estate or better again anyone living in the estate , house build quality, estate upkeep, and plans for further development within the estate ? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

An older thread about the estate; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056411592

The 2nd last post sounds like it should be heeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dand88

Thanks for that yes seems it defenitly is something to be aware of thanks again the the Information, does anyone else have any input??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The majority of houses are occupied, and for the most part its a very nice area to live in (walking distance to schools and shops etc). There seems to be a lot of young families living there.

The incomplete bit at the back was taken over by an investor a few years ago and while a lot of progress was being made in late 2016 into early 2017, it seems to have slowed significantly since then.

I cant speak for the build quality but I will say they're very nice houses when finished.

You should be able to find a brochure online (Google park gate tullow savills) that Im assuming is from when they were sold a few years back. It shows the layout of the estate, including the status of all the houses there.

Of all the partially complete houses (shown in red), id say about 17/18 are now occupied. AFAIK, the intention is to complete those before starting the new builds.

Essien wrote: »
    The majority of houses are occupied, and for the most part its a very nice area to live in (walking distance to schools and shops etc). There seems to be a lot of young families living there.

The incomplete bit at the back was taken over by an investor a few years ago and while a lot of progress was being made in late 2016 into early 2017, it seems to have slowed significantly since then.

I cant speak for the build quality but I will say they're very nice houses when finished.

You should be able to find a brochure online (Google park gate tullow savills) that Im assuming is from when they were sold a few years back. It shows the layout of the estate, including the status of all the houses there.

Of all the partially complete houses (shown in red), id say about 17/18 are now occupied. AFAIK, the intention is to complete those before starting the new builds.

Thanks great info there and a lot of questions Answered the one thing I have been sketchy about if the houses with missing roof tiles and some broken windows if say they were like that for the past couple of years is there a way if any to repair that kind of damage and would it be be fine until years down the line ?? Rang builders and they seem very hesitant to give me the answers only that all houses will be finished to a high standard has anyone here bought a house recently that had been sitting up and thoughts information on how the house was repaired/finished ? Again that is all for the great Information we are coming close to buying and it's a huge step for us and we want to make sure we are making the right choice , ps estate from driving up and taking a look it looks very nice and friendly and young family's as our self for the kids is what we are looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

FWIW I know some of the more recent ones have had at least new tiles and velux windows installed, though they were in shocking condition beforehand. I don't think thats the case for all of them.

Good luck with the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dand88 wrote: »
    I have been sketchy about if the houses with missing roof tiles and some broken windows if say they were like that for the past couple of years
    The ones with the missing roof tiles may have had rain leak in, and thus could experience rot, mold, etc in the attic.
    The broken windows could may be missing some brass pipes, or just general vandalism. Have known a few people to go drinking in half built houses, as it'd be warmer inside than in the field :pac:

If getting someone to survey the property, maybe suggest that they look for rot in the attic..

Brilliant info thanks a mill for all the answers guys great help that pretty much sums up everything I was wondering 😠last thing that would be great if possible is comments on house quality from someone who just bought one or living in one for some time now ?? Not sure if anyone on here can help with that or no a friend who could comment on the above?? Again thanks a mill you have been a great help

Advertisement