Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coils not lasting.

Options
  • 08-04-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm new to vaping, started about 2 weeks ago (off the smokes, can't believe how easy it's been!).

I'm using a Smok AL85 with the TFV8 Baby Beast but seem to be burning through coils really quickly. I've tried a number of different coils, currently using the X4. I'm priming them well, letting them sit for at least 10 minutes and initially starting to vape at 20 watts below their lower limit and slowly increasing the wattage. I'm sticking to the coils lower limit but only getting 3 to 4 days out of them.

I'm hoping someone might have a few tips for me.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

How long are they lasting?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

3 to 4 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I have a baby beast tank and I barely got 3-4 days out of it before things started tasting a little off. I only used the two coils that came with the kit and didn't bother buying any more. Far too expensive if that's all you're getting out of them. So I guess it's not unusual for that type of coil if I was getting similar mileage out of them.

At a fiver a pop there's no way I'll continue with the baby beast. Will probable go down the rebuildable route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

At a fiver a pop there's no way I'll continue with the baby beast. Will probable go down the rebuildable route.

You can get a re-buildable coil for the beast here...https://www.fasttech.com/p/5445500

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you want to keep using the baby beast then get yourself some Vaporesso GT4 coils and use them instead ;)
    I am using smok coils and so far I am on this one the last 3 weeks, I have seen so many people give out about them online saying they dont last but I have had no issues at all with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I guess the juice you are using plays a big part too. RBA's for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TinCool wrote: »
    I guess the juice you are using plays a big part too. RBA's for me.

Speaking of which, OP you could be using the wrong PG/VG mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Speaking of which, OP you could be using the wrong PG/VG mix?

I used 50/50 and 70/30 mixes with various Smok coils and the issue was always the coils as the QC on them is a joke, with at least 1-2 out of a pack of 5 being garbage. The RBA section for Smok Beast tanks is kinda meh, pretty flimsy in build quality and a pain in the arse to use overall compared to a real RTA.

OP, life really is to short so just get yourself a decent RTA and enjoy it.

Thanks all for your reply's. About to order a Geekvape Zeus.

As Venom said, life's too short!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement