Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chemical weapon used on civilians in Syria + Airstrikes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

why would they use chemical weapons when they've already won their war and they have inspectors in the area. why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that?

mass hysteria can casue symptoms of poisoning,

if theres already been explosions,panic,injuries and death, if you tell people theres been a chemical attack their minds will do the rest

That is answered in the intelligence report, which I quoted in full earlier in the thread. TL;DR - Chemical weapons cause terror that conventional one's cant match so they 'work' in getting quick capitulation.

There were no inspectors in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

cnocbui wrote: »
    The French intelligence analysis disagrees with you. Their medical experts who reviewed the reports and videos found them to be consistent with the use of chemical weapons, not acting. They also at length point out that this instance fits a long and consistent pattern of chemical weapons use by the Assad regime.

So basically they found nothing to conclusively prove Assad did it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

why would they use chemical weapons when they've already won their war

Pro-government forces are "winning", however they are under huge economic strain, there's not much of a functioning country remaining

They have been trying to retake this area since 2013. With a chemical attack they can take it in one day (this is precisely what happened). The rebels and inhabitants use underground basements in built up areas meaning they are very hard to shift. The chemical agents leak down into these basements.

if theres already been explosions,panic,injuries and death, if you tell people theres been a chemical attack their minds will do the rest

Urine and blood samples have been taken from the bodies.

I don't know if I am allowed to post graphic videos from this attack (Mod?) These are NSFL videos, extremely graphic

Watching the video there is no doubt the people dead and dying have been hit with some sort of chemical (certainly not conventional bombs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Pro-government forces are "winning", however they are under huge economic strain, there's not much of a functioning country remaining

They have been trying to retake this area since 2013. With a chemical attack they can take it in one day (this is precisely what happened). The rebels and inhabitants use underground basements in built up areas meaning they are very hard to shift. The chemical agents leak down into these basements.

I don't know if I am allowed to post graphic videos from this attack (Mod?) These are NSFL videos, extremely graphic

Watching the video there is no doubt the people dead and dying have been hit with some sort of chemical (certainly not conventional bombs)

Tbh with some of the characters posting on this thread they will contest them. For these types black is white and white is black. The only constant is that their warped worldview is maintained.

You can't trust jihadists they are showing you a real event. Would you trust Isis or Al Qaeda videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You can't trust jihadists they are showing you a real event.

But you expect us to trust warped reality and Russians lies repeatedly

why would they use chemical weapons when they've already won their war and they have inspectors in the area. why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that?

The timing is highly suspicious. Trump decided to pull of Syria is a major change in Syria and this effectively meant Syria and Russia had won the war. Three days later we are told Assad decides to harm his own regime and victory carrying out a chemical attack that he knows Trump would react to? It doesn't pass the commonsense test Assad would do this when he has already won in Ghouta and Western-supported jihadists are on the run for their lives.

Yes, that's them.

This is a Russian-made video from the Sputnik site (directly funded by the Kremlin)

Do you believe this without question?

Gatling wrote: »
    But you expect us to trust warped reality and Russians lies repeatedly

I going to believe Assad over jihadists every day. Syrian army has christens, Kurds, shias, even Sunnis fighting for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I have an open mind about the whole situation, its just funny how USA decides which country to bomb

This is a Russian-made video from the Sputnik site (directly funded by the Kremlin)

Do you believe this without question?

Russia has two medical professionals who claim this attack was staged and describe in detail what happened. Russia invited in OPCW to carry out an investigation.

West evidence. Video, photographs and Assad they allege have a history of doing this. Why did Trump, Macron and May not wait till the OPCW conclude their independent investigation?

Russia has two medical professionals who claim this attack was staged and describe in detail what happened.

So following this type of logic..

All you should need are two or more medical professionals who were there and claim it was a chemical weapon attack for you to believe that this attack was real?

I think it's a disgrace our own dictator Varadkar expelled Russian diplomats when nothing is clear at the moment. Who put him in power, the Irish people? The west wants to spread democracy, is that what we have or is it just better 'show-business' ?

So following this type of logic..

All you should need are two or more medical professionals who were there and claim it was a chemical weapon attack for you to believe that this attack was real?

I think their testimony is meaningful because we can see one of those people are in the video caring for a patient and was uploaded by the White Helmets that the world watched. So we know the Kremlin and Syrian government did not fake this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I going to believe Assad over jihadists every day. Syrian army has christens, Kurds, shias, even Sunnis fighting for him.

So religion is an important factor in whom you believe?

• Advertisement

I think it's a disgrace our own dictator Varadkar expelled Russian diplomats when nothing is clear at the moment. Who put him in power, the Irish people? The west wants to spread democracy, is that what we have or is it just better 'show-business' ?

Diplomats? We expelled one and tbh at this stage all the expulsions WW were totally justified. Not only does Russia use CW in assassination attempts but it props up a regime that uses them extensively against their own people. Russia at this stage is a rogue nation.

gandalf wrote: »
    Diplomats? We expelled one and tbh at this stage all the expulsions WW were totally justified. Not only does Russia use CW in assignation attempts but it props up a regime that uses them extensively against their own people. Russia at this stage is a rogue nation.
    what does that even mean?

what would you class USA as being?

Discodog wrote: »
    So religion is an important factor in whom you believe?

No, I just don't trust affiliates of Al Qaeda and Isis to be honest.

It means what it says. Again another that has the mantra the US has done bad things therefore Russia should be allowed?

It means what it says. Again another that has the mantra the US has done bad things therefore Russia should be allowed?
    you're putting words in my mouth
    and I asked for words from your mouth, but you refused

• Advertisement

Russia is a rogue nation because they don't bow down to Western interests. I sure the German people in Nazi Germany thought their side was on the right side of history. Germany was rich and prosperous does not mean there is not an evil sneaky side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

These gangs certainly have a lot of supporters around here!

Russia is a rogue nation and specifically a major risk to Europe. It engages in political interference in multiple countries, has invaded and perpetuated destablishing operations against neighbouring countries. It has assassinated people using WMD on foreign shores and stifles political opponents in Russia. Then you have the way it treats minorities and the fact journalists in Russia tend to have "accidents" or get murdered if they say the wrong things about their rulers.

Now can I ask the those who accuse me if putting words into their mouths as to why we should believe a word from the Russian regime?

These gangs certainly have a lot of supporters around here!

It strange isn't it they don't mind jihadists as long they are fighting Russians and Syrians? We live in a strange world in 2018, maybe future generations will long back at this with awe and wonder, what the **** was wrong with those people.

Neither do I but I would class anything from Russia, Syria and their useful idiots on the same level as ISIS and their ilk.

I think their testimony is meaningful because we can see one of those people are in the video caring for a patient and was uploaded by the White Helmets that the world watched. So we know the Kremlin and Syrian government did not fake this.

That's your personal internet opinion from watching two people on a Russian propaganda video. Based on that you believe it's staged. No one died or suffered from chemical poisoning according to you.

The videos of the aftermath of the attack in Douma sharply contradict that. They show people who have died and they have no injuries consistent with e.g. conventional bombing. However, they do have foaming at the mouth, dilated pupils, discoloration of the face, etc injuries consistent with a chemical weapon attack. They can't be "faking it" because (and I shouldn't even need to go this far) there are babies among the casualties. The aid workers who are filming this in the aftermath of the attacks - are also holding up pieces of paper with locations and identifiers (so the footage can't be labeled as being from another chemical attack by serial propagandists in this conflict, e.g. the Kremlin)

Russia is a rogue nation and specifically a major risk to Europe. It engages in political interference in multiple countries, has invaded and perpetuated destablishing operations against neighbouring countries. It has assassinated people using WMD on foreign shores and stifles political opponents in Russia. Then you have the way it treats minorities and the fact journalists in Russia tend to have "accidents" or get murdered if they say the wrong things about their rulers.

Now can I ask the those who accuse me if putting words into their mouths as to why we should believe a word from the Russian regime?

sounds alot like USA.

Im not on eithers side, I just see the hypocrisy

I have sympathy for Russia, but that doesnt mean I believe in their policies

sounds alot like USA.

I see Russia as a far bigger threat to Europe than the US. Btw forgot to add blackmailing Countries by withholding energy deliveries.

It is quite obvious where your sympathies lie from your input here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

sounds alot like USA.

What about the US? Do you have agree with one or the other? I am a critic of Russia, that doesn't mean I support Trump.

What about the US? Do you have agree with one or the other? I am a critic of Russia, that doesn't mean I support Trump.

Exactly just because I condemn Russia doesn't automatically mean I agree with the US. ATM I see Russia and their actions as the bigger threat to us in Europe.

• Advertisement

That's your personal internet opinion from watching two people on a Russian propaganda video. Based on that you believe it's staged. No one died or suffered from chemical poisoning according to you.

The videos of the aftermath of the attack in Douma sharply contradict that. They show people who have died and they have no injuries consistent with e.g. conventional bombing. However, they do have foaming at the mouth, dilated pupils, discoloration of the face, etc injuries consistent with a chemical weapon attack. They can't be "faking it" because (and I shouldn't even need to go this far) there are babies among the casualties. The aid workers who are filming this in the aftermath of the attacks - are also holding up pieces of paper with locations and identifiers (so the footage can't be labeled as being from another chemical attack by serial propagandists in this conflict, e.g. the Kremlin)

Jihadists murder innocent Syrians and Kurds all the time. They could be guinea pigs of all you know and could be pro Assad people. We know for a fact Jihadists have chemical weapons. These people would have no morals they kill people with chemicals weapons and then upload footage to the internet to blame Assad. The aid workers you call them are white helmets. We have plenty of evidence jihadists use this group to spread fake news propaganda online.

What motive would Assad have for allowing a chemical attack just days before victory? Everyone knows Assad main interest is survival of his regime. Why would he risk it all and order a chemical attack on civilians?

Exactly just because I condemn Russia doesn't automatically mean I agree with the US. ATM I see Russia and their actions as the bigger threat to us in Europe.

How they a threat exactly? Are they planning to invade Europe? So you just want to believe they are a threat because elected officials said so? Only 1 in 4 people in the UK wanted May to attack Syria. These people are doing things what their masters are telling them to do. They don't speak for the people.

I see Russia as a far bigger threat to Europe than the US. Btw forgot to add blackmailing Countries by withholding energy deliveries.

It is quite obvious where your sympathies lie from your input here.

We are a tiny Island, the USA is the bully we decided to be friends with

The EU is a mess, our neutrality is a joke at this stage, democracy is just a word, its rarely put into action

My sympathies go to the victims of political warfare, and the living who will lose their lives in the future, from all nationalities

Once China gets involved in the not too distant future it's game over for life as we know it

absolutely no reason to have to agree with either of them

Trump is a sign of how crazy things are, but hes not in control

We are a tiny Island, the USA is the bully we decided to be friends with

The EU is a mess, our neutrality is a joke at this stage, democracy is just a word, its rarely put into action

My sympathies go to the victims of political warfare, and the living who will lose their lives in the future, from all nationalities

Once China gets involved in the not too distant future it's game over for life as we know it

I think we need to be careful blaming countries because in Ireland, UK and United States millions and millions of people don't support their government position they are just helpless to do anything about it.

What motive would Assad have for allowing a chemical attack just days before victory?

So his forces have spent four years trying to retake that area, and with a "staged" chemical weapon attack they've taken it in one day

If he doesn't carry out chemical weapons attacks as you claim - he's lost nothing but a bunch of empty buildings and "pig sheds" ;)

Win-win for Assad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

How they a threat exactly? Are they planning to invade Europe? So you just want to believe they are a threat because elected officials said so? Only 1 in 4 people in the UK wanted May to attack Syria. These people are doing things what their masters are telling them to do. They don't speak for the people.

It's a lie the EU peddles "we need to counter Russia\china" so let's federalise into a superstate complete with our own army...a very bad idea

Already listed out why they are in a previous post, look for it. Forgot to add funding of far right political parties all over Europe as well which pisses all over the memory of the patriotic dead of WW2 which in itself is quite disgusting.

(Edit: Added the post as you appear to be not bothered about checking stuff.)

So his forces have spent four years trying to retake that area, and with a "staged" chemical weapon attack they've taken it in one day

If he doesn't carry out chemical weapons attacks as you claim - he's lost nothing but a bunch of empty buildings and "pig sheds" ;)

Win-win for Assad.

Rubbish 98 percent of Ghouta was taken before the chemical attack and rebels inside Ghouta were negotiating a surrender to save themselves. It was only a short time few days left for the whole of Ghouta would fall. Trump pulling of Syria announcement obviously had something to do with the staged event. Insane timing a few days later Assad would use chemical weapons and bring in a superpower to attack his country.

• Advertisement

Already listed out why they are in a previous post, look for it. Forgot to add funding of far right political parties all over Europe as well which pisses all over the memory of the patriotic dead of WW2 which in itself is quite disgusting.

Like who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Diplomats? We expelled one and tbh at this stage all the expulsions WW were totally justified. Not only does Russia use CW in assassination attempts but it props up a regime that uses them extensively against their own people. Russia at this stage is a rogue nation.

Just wondering did we expel any Israeli diplomats when they used forged Irish passports to murder a senior Palestinian official in Dubai a few years ago?

Jaysus lad. America does the exact same and worse ffs. Take your head out of your hole will you. Why should we trust the war mongering republican party who are the biggest terrorists on the planet and the biggest threat to the human race.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just wondering did we expel any Israeli diplomats when they used forged Irish passports to murder a senior Palestinian official in Dubai a few years ago?

Yep we expelled one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Jihadists murder innocent Syrians and Kurds all the time...

Not even a tenth as many as your paragon of virtue Assad!

The current estimate for the death toll is 700,000, and you just endlessly bleat on about jihadists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Do you really think Trump is completely in control? Recently he said that the US was pulling out of Syria and hey presto, a "gas attack" happens a few days later and missiles are falling on Syria.
    A year ago Trump said Assad had a future as President of Syria and guess what? A "gas attack" happens a few days later at Khan Sheikoun and missiles are falling on Syria.
    At least we know who's fully in control in Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 boylecm

Use of chemical weapons an absolute disgrace

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Jaysus lad. America does the exact same and worse ffs. Take your head out of your hole will you. Why should we trust the war mongering republican party who are the biggest terrorists on the planet and the biggest threat to the human race.

Everything he claimed Russia is doing can easily be debunked with research and logic.

Trump has been investigated for 18 months so-called Russia collusion. They found nothing to impeach him with. Now they have turned their attention to sex scandals involving Trump and it not like we didn't know he was a ladies man before he became, President!

Everything he claimed Russia is doing can easily be debunked!

ROFLOL go ahead then I need a good laugh.

Have debunked all your crap before I only am repeating myself on here.

Theres a huge chance you would be speaking German only for the Russians. How many of there men bled and perished on the battle field in there fight against the Nazi's? They suffered the biggest losses in WW2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement