Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pole attachment to push kid's scooter

Options
  • 08-04-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Is there any universal pole with a clamp at the end out there to attach to a kid's scooter/bike.

My back is killed bending down to push.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Never heard of one, but shouldn't be hard to fabricate something - I'm thinking of a strong (wooden) broom handle section clamped behind the seat tube/bottom bracket area - over-engineer it, to avoid issues with losing control if it fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I am somewhat disappointed - assuming this would be a thread on a kids push scooter jousting from mis-reading the thread title.

20141115_101.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Is there any universal pole with a clamp at the end out there to attach to a kid's scooter/bike.

My back is killed bending down to push.

Thanks

It won't work for a bike but I used to drag my little girl's scooter along with a bungee cord from bike.

Wrap it around centre of the handlebars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Wrap it around centre of the handlebars.

I usually wrap it lower (and use a nylon webbing instead of a bungee), between the front wheels of the Mini Micro. The higher its attached, the easier it is to tip the scooter when the kid lets go of the bar... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I saw a bloke the other day "pushing" a kid on a bike with a pole-type thing attached to the back. It looked like a right disaster - rather than keeping the kid straight and upright, it was causing the child to lurch left and right, like gyroscope running out of momentum. It just seemed it amplify the kid's imbalance, but 90 degrees out of phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

For our little ones on their bikes we went as low tech as you can get by using a branch from a tree. The key is to make sure there’s a split at the top so that it doesn’t slip as you push against the saddle ( like the top of this picture, but with both ends a bit shorter https://www.mysafebirdstore.com/icon-img-split_large.jpg ).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

For our little ones on their bikes we went as low tech as you can get by using a branch from a tree. The key is to make sure there’s a split at the top so that it doesn’t slip as you push against the saddle ( like the top of this picture, but with both ends a bit shorter https://www.mysafebirdstore.com/icon-img-split_large.jpg ).

I have actually already used the handle of a brush with a hole drilled in it and then attached a bolt to the scooter. But it was a pain to be putting on/off the nut all the time.

I think they'll probably be flying by the time I get to make up something.

A lot of these scooters need to be steered as well so have to bend down anyway.

I'll just let them practise and hopefully it will come quickly to them. The weather is getting better too.

Advertisement