Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo traveller - Active holiday on Europe

Options
  • 08-04-2018 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi there,
    i'm wondering if anyone has ideas/recommendation for an active holiday within Europe. I'd be going it alone but would like to be able to join a group.
    I'm not after one of those so called "singles" holidays. I have quickly searched online, and I feel a lot of the options, like guided cycling, hiking etc, are very overpriced with the likes of G Adventures, Intrepid etc.
    So, just wondering if anyone out there has experiences /ideas that won't costs a bomb.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I recommend volunteering at one/some/several of the many festivals that take place throughout France. By default, you join a group and you will be "active" - more or less depending on where you go/what you're asked to do - and the better ones cover most of your costs while you're there.

I'm involved with one in central France. On paper, it's "just" traditional music and dance (see here for a flavour), but in reality, it's week of mixed physical and mental activity, and lots and lots and lots of meeting new people, not to mention the free drink and two full meals every day. PM me if you want more info (this year's event would require you to be onsite from 10th-17th July)

Advertisement