Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Condensation on triple glazed windows

• 08-04-2018 11:57am

My triple glazed windows are in a few months now and I recurrently get condensation on the back, north-facing, windows. The front, south-facing, windows were all cleared this morning and the sun was shining brightly on them. I did external insulation at the same time so the house is at a BER of B1 now (from D2). I'm wondering in the above circumstances is condensation to be expected? Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Assuming it on the outside of the windows?

Its a sign your windows are working.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Assuming it on the outside of the windows?

Its a sign your windows are working.

+1 for this. From what I remember it is down to the relative humidity outside. I presume that it doesnt happen everyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

+1 got a triple glazed patio door fitted and get condensation on the outside on cold mornings, seems to be normal . doesnt happen on the double glazed windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Get condensation a good bit on the outside in a shadowed area. I've even got frost on them on the outside like you get on a car windscreen on very cold nights freezing nights. Don't mind as its nice and toasty inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Yes I too discovered that on cold mornings the outside of my triple glazed windows get covered in condensation. This is normal and shows that your triple glazing is working. Of course the sales men don't tell you this at the time of ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 deerpark

Our salesman did.
    Probably because people are calling him to complain about it when it occurs so now the company insist on us acknowledging up front that this will be an issue for up to 6 months per year.

How bad is the external condensation for you guys? Roughly how many days in what months?

Tks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement