Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere selling chilli plants around Dublin

Options
  • 08-04-2018 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen any garden centres selling chilli plants around Dublin or have they been delayed as well because of the dreadful start to the season. I've cleared out my chilli section in the polytunnel and it needs filling!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Haven't seen any in garden centres in Galway anyway. Would you put them out in the tunnel so early? Still getting frosts in the last week, I'd be waiting a few weeks yet. Unless you have some heating solution... I've a couple of chilli seedlings on the go indoors but will be a while before they're ready to go out...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Actually just been in B&Q in Liffey Valley and they have some. Jalapenos and hot Shakiras! I'm going to chance it at this stage and put them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Aldi in Sallynoggin has them, peppers in a chilli shape (long/thin), not sure if spicy or not.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Added a couple of Jamaican Yellows from Homebase but would love to add a Carolina Reaper or two. Anyone know anywhere selling plants in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

gandalf wrote: »
    Added a couple of Jamaican Yellows from Homebase but would love to add a Carolina Reaper or two. Anyone know anywhere selling plants in Ireland?

I was in Clonmel Garden Centre on Friday and had a browse through their plants, they had quite a few varieties of peppers - can't remember which varieties but there were some pretty high Scoville ratings. Worth giving them a call...

• Advertisement
Advertisement