Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Damiens NS Perrystown

• 08-04-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello
    Am considering sending my kids to St Damiens, looking here all reviews seem to be a good few years old and I have heard not great things about their current principal, can anyone give me any info/experience of ST Damiens?
    Thanks so much

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

How do you mean "reviews?" What makes a school good, in your view? As in, what's important to you? Have you visited the school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hello
    Am considering sending my kids to St Damiens, looking here all reviews seem to be a good few years old and I have heard not great things about their current principal, can anyone give me any info/experience of ST Damiens?
    Thanks so much

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Hello
    Thanks so much

I'm involved in a football team, some of whom go to St. Damiens. All I can say is God help their teachers. No feeder secondary school attached meant we sent our children to another school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭tigger123

Hi, anyone have any experience with St Damians recently? Considering sending our eldest there.

Used to work in St.Damian's when they had a new principal. Law and order and discipline was completely non existant when I was there. The lack of respect was a disgrace. I didn't want to work there, nevermind send my own children there.

I had moved from a lovely school 5 minutes down the road.

It had the potential to be a good school if principal could get control but I can't say if that happened or not in more recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Most recent WSE is quite old:

https://www.gov.ie/en/school-report/973b65-/

Advertisement