Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Senior Hurling- Liam McCarthy Cup 2018

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Did RTENL / 2RN just do something with the signal? It cut out just at half time and came back. At least the ads are playing perfectly anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Pretty poor game so far. Lots of poor decision making and shooting from both sides. I'm surprised at how poor Galway have been and Limerick should be further ahead.

Referee having a poor game isn't helping either. Lots of soft frees for both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

This is Limericks chance. The ref is not having a good game for either team.

Agree. Great chance for Limerick to push on and claim their destiny. Galway were muck for the last 50 minutes of the s/f replay and total muck for 35 minutes there. Should be further behind so that is good for them, but not sure Limerick dont have another gear to go up yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Patww79 wrote: »
    Are you on drugs? Both teams have got a good few soft ones.

A yellow card for a fair shoulder!

Maybe it's you on drugs not me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

De Bhál wrote: »
    Galway are rusty looking

Yeah, they should have had a replay in the semi final to get up to match pace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Try_harder wrote: »
    Michael Duignan is very annoying

He said at the start of the game he would love to see Limerick win. That's fine but as a commentator he is supposed to keep his opinion neutral. He should keep that to himself when commentating for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Great game no but 1 bad game does not mean hurling is crap which is what you were insinuating

Where did I say that? Too many wides was my remark. Have ye got the lotto results also seeing as you know all?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭terryrogers

Klonker wrote: »
    That was harsh free, shoulder to shoulder.

Looked like McInerney followed through with the elbow. Harsh yellow, but similar to Kyle Hayes card really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

A yellow card for a fair shoulder!

Maybe it's you on drugs not me

Was it for the shoulder or the pushing and mouthing after?

So you haven't seen any soft frees for Galway? You must have lost the picture early then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I still fancy Galway to come back out fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Reminds me of when I was a kid if the game was bad and Kilkenny weren't playing, my dad used to always say to me "They are two bad teams what else did you expect" to wind me up/annoy me!! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Looked like McInerney followed through with the elbow. Harsh yellow, but similar to Kyle Hayes card really...

Joke of a free, more diving from Limerick players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Terrible goal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Limerick cannot win this final they lack the fortitude and bottle to do so. They are losers in the final that's their place, just like Galway can't beat the real hurling counties. Mickey mouse counties like Limerick are easy work for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭letowski

Limerick's better use of possession the reason why they are ahead. Galway absolutely clueless how to work the ball into space and bring their forwards into the game. Shooting terrible on both sides obviously.

The game is a terrible advert for hurling and all thats wrong with the modern game. When the movement and shooting in hurling is good, hurling is a brilliant game to watch. But when its not, its hard to watch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought the goal Galway scored against Clare was bad, that was worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Ref has given soft frees to both and not given frees and cards for blatant fouls. I feel Limerick got very luck early on, some of those hard hits were blatant frees. Shocking standard of hurling which will suit Limerick. Galway haven't settled at all and their big players look a few notches off the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Where did I say that? Too many wides was my remark. Have ye got the lotto results also seeing as you know all?

Sorry made a mistake should have been towards C_MC

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I’d say James McGrath is sitting on his sofa giving out yards to his missus about the ref and why it should have been his gig.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Limerick cannot win this final they lack the fortitude and bottle to do so. They are losers in the final that's their place, just like Galway can't beat the real hurling counties. Mickey mouse counties like Limerick are easy work for Galway

Worst post ever

• Advertisement

Some terrible wides

Akrasia wrote: »
    Worst post ever

But he's so cool and controversial!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Don’t think Galway have won one battle on the field at all. Getting totally dominated in most positions but surely they can’t be that bad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Is Galways performance really that surprising?

Took two games to beat a poor Kilkenny and had large periods in both semi games where they were poor.

When they've clicked they are unplayable but lack serious consistency this year and throw in regular 10+ minute patches where it's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Alpha_zero wrote: »

That's an outrageous comment. Galway and Limerick derserve to be there in the final. They are there on merit. Both great teams and nice to see different teams in the final.

€2 an entry, f**k iff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

The foul on Mannion before goal was so blatant.

Then he does GMac for fair shoulder in same spot.

2 bad decisions. 4 points to Limerick for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

That's an outrageous comment. Galway and Limerick derserve to be there in the final. They are there on merit. Both great teams and nice to see different teams in the final.

Exactly. Galway are well able for Tipp who I'm sure is considered a 'real' hurling county. And considering both Galway and Limerick are in the final, they must be better than the 'real' hurling counties. Such a BS statement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Galway will bottle in finals against the real hurling counties all one needs to do is examine the facts.

Limerick would bottle it in the final against an under 12 side.

Limerick cannot win this final, Galway have yet to hit their stride.

Limerick lads are listening to whale nosies in the dressing room now as instructed by their sports quack, weak and beaten all ready.

• Advertisement

The foul on Mannion before goal was so blatant.

Then he does GMac for fair shoulder in same spot.

2 bad decisions. 4 points to Limerick for free.

And two soft points for Galway. 3 if Canning hadn't dropped the one short with the free he was handed after a fair jump ball.

Advertisement