Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Senior Hurling- Liam McCarthy Cup 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Michael o muirahurtegh used to do it and Marty is piggybacking on it. And then he goes to mojos usually.

M.O.M. was subtle about it and didn't make it so ridiculously obvious that he had this stupid script of cliches that Marty has written for himself before the game.

M.O.M was a poet of commentary, Marty Morrissey is just a parody at this stage.

There is nothing worse than a try hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Any idea who are the main contenders for man of the match are? :)

Hannon for me anyway. Mike Casey also superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

flazio wrote: »
    Who was your Man of the match?

Kyle Hayes should get it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Fair play to Limerick. By far the better team and a deserved win. There tactics and work rate were bang on and were able to match Galway physically. Dominated in the backs and the Galway backline were a mess all game.

The 3 goals all came from sloppy Play by the Galway backs but that was a result of the limerick pressure. They were a different animal to the one we hammered in Cusack Park earlier this year and I think that match was the making of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Overall for the last 10 minutes excitement was high. The quality for 80 minutes was dreadful though. At least 1 limerick goal was an obvious free out.

Im delighted for Limerick though. 45 years.

Its fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

No chance Gillane would get it? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done, Limerick. Nearly threw it away. but no way did Galway deserve to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Who's that woman ?

Nicky quaid for MOM could be a bit left left field but his puc outs were temendous.

Hope James skehill is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Mulcahy MoM.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    No chance Gillane would get it? ��

Hayes, Flanagan and Canning would be my nominations. Maybe Mulcahy or Casey instead of Flanagan. Think Canning will deservedly get a token nomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

M.O.M. was subtle about it and didn't make it so ridiculously obvious that he had this stupid script of cliches that Marty has written for himself before the game.

M.O.M was a poet of commentary, Marty Morrissey is just a parody at this stage.

There is nothing worse than a try hard

I fully agree.marty is cat malodeon

Who gets hurler of the year lads? Would have said Mannion or Burke was the favourite up until today. Canning again maybe especially after almost single handedly dragging them back into it? No Limerick player was massively better than the other all year, a solid 15 all over who gave everything was what made them such a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

Kyle Hayes outstanding when it counted.

McInerney didn’t like marking him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Could canning have went short with that free?

I thought there was a guy to his Left free?

I’m not criticizing canning but it was a risk to go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Thought Galway should have tried to work the last free into a better position and take the point closer to goal.

Show some composure like Clare did against them at the end of the drawn semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Who gets hurler of the year lads? Would have said Mannion or Burke was the favourite up until today. Canning again maybe especially after almost single handedly dragging them back into it? No Limerick player was massively better than the other all year, a solid 15 all over who gave everything was what made them such a good team.

It's a tough one. I wonder with Galway being so bad today would it nearly bring John Conlon back into the discussion? It could be Mulcahy from Limerick, he's been very good and consistent all year.

conor05 wrote: »
    Kyle Hayes outstanding when it counted.

McInerney didn’t like marking him

Were it not for Joe Cooney actually showing for something up front I think they should have put him back there, McInerney was clearly not 100% and was sloppy with the ball when he's usually flawless. Kyle Hayes is some man considering he's a much better centre back than a centre forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

On paper Canning logically deserves it but sentiment will edge it Hannon's and it would be hard to begrudge him

• Advertisement

I thought so too, lots of people standing around looking vaguely bemused. Maybe they’re in shock. :D

I’d say the Limerick team and management might cancel the celebrations if youse two aren’t happy with the celebrations?

🙄🙄

On paper Canning logically deserves it but sentiment will edge it Hannon's and it would be hard to begrudge him

I see he is the favourite with Paddy but I have no idea why, even taking into the consideration him being captain. Besides today he hasn't had any real outstanding game all season and in fact looked vulnerable at times. There's a handful of Limerick players who'd be more deserving of it than him I feel.

I see he is the favourite with Paddy but I have no idea why, even taking into the consideration him being captain. Besides today he hasn't had any real outstanding game all season and in fact looked vulnerable at times. There's a handful of Limerick players who'd be more deserving of it than him I feel.

I would of said the same about Henry Shefflin in 2012, outstanding in the second half of the first game of final and that nailed him down the player of the year.
    Get to the final and have a big one and you are nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is young Hayes related to the Bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

C__MC wrote: »
    Could canning have went short with that free?

I thought there was a guy to his Left free?

I’m not criticizing canning but it was a risk to go for it
    Thought Galway should have tried to work the last free into a better position and take the point closer to goal.

Show some composure like Clare did against them at the end of the drawn semi final

It might have been possible that if Galway just played it short that the ref might have blown up for full time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭golfball37

Happy for the genuine long suffering limerick fans. Thought Owens was shocking and would have had serious questions to answer had it finished level. I’m talking about the clear free for Casey which resulted in Whelan’s goal at other end. Galway just off the pace today and hard put back to back but they were excellent champions.

As an aside RTÉ are just embarrassingly amateur. Marty constantly referencing Delores O Riordain had no place today. Lyster called Declan Hannon Seamus after he lifted the trophy. Hurling deserves better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

golfball37 wrote: »
    Happy for the genuine long suffering limerick fans. Thought Owens was shocking and would have had serious questions to answer had it finished level. I’m talking about the clear free for Casey which resulted in Whelan’s goal at other end. Galway just off the pace today and hard put back to back but they were excellent champions.

As an aside RTÉ are just embarrassingly amateur. Marty constantly referencing Delores O Riordain had no place today. Lyster called Declan Hannon Seamus after he lifted the trophy. Hurling deserves better.

The licence payer deserves better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Well he didn't blow full time until after Limerick had won possession from Canning's free dropping short, so maybe there was time.

But not sure what Canning knew or was told

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Delighted for Limerick, much better team on the day and have been superb all year. Deserving winners. Watched them down in Thurles in the league semi earlier this year, and even though we sneaked it that night I was well impressed with that young Limerick team.

As for Galway, I think they will look back as this season being as being a let down. Failed to get out of 1B, lost their league title meekly, made hard work of retaining Leinster and struggled in the AI series. Just shows how hard retaining a title is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

golfball37 wrote: »

Marty was particularly insufferable today. If I'd sky I would have switched over but instead had to suffer through his cliche ridden shi!te spouting

Advertisement