Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Senior Hurling- Liam McCarthy Cup 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I wonder how much of a factor was Galway having tough Leinster finals and All-Ireland semi finals, both going to replays.
    It did seem a flat performance.
    Maybe they just went to the well one time too many.

Limerick also had 3 weeks before the final, Galway had 2.

Maybe though while they were below par, they could have been beaten three times this year already in the championship. Given the competitive nature of it this year you're not likely to last the year without defeat when the margins are that tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Was it a cowardly effort from canning for the final puck? He definitely could have put more distance on it if he wanted however presumably was worried about losing accuracy so dropped it short.

Cowardly:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

disgraceful choice of words. he was about 85 yards from goal for f*ck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Morrissey took a good 6 or 7 steps for his goal.

No one seems to care about steps anymore, drives me cracked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭4Ad

Was it a cowardly effort from canning for the final puck? He definitely could have put more distance on it if he wanted however presumably was worried about losing accuracy so dropped it short.

WTF???
    Stupid question...Canning Cowardly ??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,255 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cowardly:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

disgraceful choice of words. he was about 85 yards from goal for f*ck sake.

Yeah not many 'cowards would take a free in front of 80000 people. His goal late in the game was immense and did it like it was a routine

There was no cowards what so ever in Croke Park today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Just noticed there that P. Mannion threw the hurley at Shane Dowling as he scored the third goal. So Galway should've been down to 14 before they made the comeback.

Think ref missed equally as much for both sides

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great to see Limerick win considering the length waited. Deserved it on the day but Galway showed massive resilience nearly coming back.

Agree the ref was brutal. Am sure its easy for us to sit here and critise though with the speed of the game. Some odd frees given and not given though.

Limerick enjoy the win, great city for sport from the years I lived there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Just noticed there that P. Mannion threw the hurley at Shane Dowling as he scored the third goal. So Galway should've been down to 14 before they made the comeback.

Was p mannion booked already?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭threeball

He was equally sh1t for both teams but that shouldn't be used to excuse how sh1t he actually was. It was a disgraceful performance. Too many refs get a free pass on the ot didn't affect the outcome card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Does The Sunday Game have cameras at the Galway teams hotel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭High bike

Any limerick man posting here tonight needs to get to the pub!!
    just home have to pace myself it going to ba a long week😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭High bike

threeball wrote: »
    He was equally sh1t for both teams but that shouldn't be used to excuse how sh1t he actually was. It was a disgraceful performance. Too many refs get a free pass on the ot didn't affect the outcome card.
    wouldnt agree with u there he did his very best to make it a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

James Owens is an absolutely disgrace. The fact he gets the honour to ref an all ireland final while the pathetic display today makes me sick. I can think of 5 points he directly gave to Limerick in the first half.

- Mannion got shouldered in the back for the goal: 3 points.

- Glynn clashes with a player and a free is given the other way: 1 point.

- McInerney shoulders a limerick player square and a free is given: 1 point.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Pussyhands wrote: »
    James Owens is an absolutely disgrace. The fact he gets the honour to ref an all ireland final while the pathetic display today makes me sick. I can think of 5 points he directly gave to Limerick in the first half.

In fairness he equally screwed over Limerick. But agreed he was p00ss poor

Ott. Its a tough job to be fair. Didnt go out to make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Limerick deserved winners..........no question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Was p mannion booked already?

Throwing the Hurley is a straight red

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭caddy16

The Glynn one was a free to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

caddy16 wrote: »

And McInerney got away with a similar charging offence earlier in the first half

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭C__MC

Sure look I suppose.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

It's not

Yellow.

Ott. Its a tough job to be fair. Didnt go out to make mistakes.

Well he does a good job of it most times he crosses the line so he'd be better off not bothering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

https://learning.gaa.ie/sites/default/files/GAARefereeHandbook.pdf

Page 43 of that handbook:

"Throw the hurley in a manner which constitutes a danger to another player(s)"

Free and a yellow card.

To throw the hurley in a manner which constitues a danger to an opponent.

Yellow card

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Congratulations to Limerick, powerful display and they deserved to win.

It's been one hell of a championship this year.

After waiting 29 years to see Galway raise the Liam McCarty I can imagine the joy in Shannonside tonight after waiting 45 years.

It is a precious desire that can endure such an absence and this year has helped to cement the future of the game.

In Galway we may have lost the All Ireland but hurling itself took all the silverware this year.

Well he does a good job of it most times he crosses the line so he'd be better off not bothering

What??

caddy16 wrote: »

How? He had just gathered the ball off the ground, went to stand and turn and collided with the limerick player. He didn't intend to run into him. More of the big man getting screwed in GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Ompala

Ref was poor but did not decide the outcome of the game.

Limerick were just better than Galway.

• Advertisement

How? He had just gathered the ball off the ground, went to stand and turn and collided with the limerick player. He didn't intend to run into him. More of the big man getting screwed in GAA

Thought the limerick defender ran straight into him.

Advertisement