Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Senior Hurling- Liam McCarthy Cup 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭threeball

Ompala wrote: »
    Ref was poor but did not decide the outcome of the game.

Limerick were just better than Galway.

No one's claiming he cost Galway. He's just not good enough to ref at this level. He misses obvious fouls left right and centre. Not affecting the outcome is not an excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Shane o donnell should be in team of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭C__MC

Galway needed a few new players this year to bread life into them

14 from 15 team last year - very hard to do it again with the same team

They have been incredibly flat - the league was very poor by AL champions standard

They picked things up for the round robin but they were poor in the Leinster final and semi. A few ten minute bursts kept them alive in the championship.

Limerick are deserving champions. The games suited them - then the early exit from Munster was a huge help. Wasn’t a word about them. Then beating kk give them great confidence. They are an exiting team similar to Clare in 2013. They play the spaces lovely and can score at will. They have a clear game plan that has reaped reward with fearless underage talent.

threeball wrote: »
    No one's claiming he cost Galway. He's just not good enough to ref at this level. He misses obvious fouls left right and centre. Not affecting the outcome is not an excuse

So who should have reffed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Ompala

threeball wrote: »

It appeared a few were arguing this a few pages back.

Most refs are poor at this level, best of the lot is O'Dwyer from Carlow. He did well this year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't know if teams do tours around clubs anymore but when a hurling team win do they bring the trophy to the football clubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

So who should have reffed it?

McGrath

I don't know if teams do tours around clubs anymore but when a hurling team win do they bring the trophy to the football clubs?

Yep every club will get a visit id think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

C__MC wrote: »
    As I’ve said the pitch invasion would bring something to days like this.

Would you not agree ?

The 1995 pitch invasion of Croker was glorious. Have fond memories of seeing grown men cutting out sods of turf with car keys and placing them in match boxes....ah them were the days. Was at the 94 final but think most of the Offaly fans had left when the final whistle blew 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭threeball

It appeared a few were arguing this a few pages back.

Most refs are poor at this level, best of the lot is O'Dwyer from Carlow. He did well this year.

Haven't seen anyone saying that. Every Galway man knows we weren't at the races today and weren't anywhere near good enough to win. The standard of reffing has been poor and today was particularly bad for both sides.
    Yes o Dwyer has been best this year.

• Advertisement

Sundew wrote: »
    The 1995 pitch invasion of Croker was glorious. Have fond memories of seeing grown men cutting out sods of turf with car keys and placing them in match boxes....ah them were the days. Was at the 94 final but think most of the Offaly fans had left when the final whistle blew 😄

When the final whistle blew , I felt the Crowd was a bit muted. Felt a we bit subdued. It’s limerick breaking a long barron spell - when they won Munster in 2013- it was glorious the celebrations. I just expected more today - there fans have always been amazing. When growing up, pitch invasions were symbolic of the 1990s and early 2000s in both codes

I just don’t comprehend it - at every Provincial venue - we have pitch invasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,539 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RTE milking this for all it's worth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Watching "The Sunday Game" who ever styled the guys on the right of my screen should get man of fashion. Lovely suits, waistcoats (very Gareth Southgate), matching ties and hankerchiefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Can glynn keep up this bolloxology of commuting from America to play hurling. He looked fairly jet lagged out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

Can glynn keep up this bolloxology of commuting from America to play hurling. He looked fairly jet lagged out there today.

Casey cleaned him out today but he is a good hurler Glynn

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Ref was poor but did not decide the outcome of the game.

Limerick were just better than Galway.

GAA will have to go the Rugby route.
    Teams have been robbed by wrong decisions.
    Refs only see so much.
    Need to consult with another official watching on a screen

You’d think lyster would open the envelope and have some suspense

• Registered Users Posts: 21,335 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You’d think lyster would open the envelope and have some suspense

Thought was gas I'm saying he knew, then he flung it down so everyone could see

Mushy wrote: »
    Thought was gas I'm saying he knew, then he flung it down so everyone could see

It upside down. Couldnt read it.

When the final whistle blew , I felt the Crowd was a bit muted. Felt a we bit subdued. It’s limerick breaking a long barron spell - when they won Munster in 2013- it was glorious the celebrations. I just expected more today - there fans have always been amazing. When growing up, pitch invasions were symbolic of the 1990s and early 2000s in both codes

I just don’t comprehend it - at every Provincial venue - we have pitch invasions.

Pitch invasions are sadly missed. Its not just about the players here but the tens of thousands of fans too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

did I hear that Kyle Hayes has won a minor, u21 and now a senior over the last 3 years? is he the first to do this?

That’s been done by lots of players

• Registered Users Posts: 68,539 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Pitch invasions are sadly missed. Its not just about the players here but the tens of thousands of fans too.

The situation in the Limerick ground where the crowd watched the game on the telly was exactly the same as a pitch invasion.

No worries about crowd safety there. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I find completely weird that the Hurling season is done now, don't know if I'll ever get used to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I was at a family event,so tuned in late to the Sunday Game fashion show,some very snazzy menswear on view.Well done to Limerick,very deserved victory,hope those excellent young hurlers enjoy their great win and look after themselves as next year will be even tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Would Dublin be considered top tier?

You have to say yes. They have won a Lenister Championship in 2013 Offally and Wexford have not won it since 1995 and 2004. Cuala are All ireland club champions.Dublin have six Lenister Minor titles since 2000 and Offally and Wexford only one between them. They lost two minor Hurling finals in 2011 and 2012. So you have to consider them top tier

I'd consider Dublin top tier for sure. They are probably closer to an All Ireland than Wexford. They just need a run of wins. Wexford aren't far off either but their style under Davy isn't conducive to landing an All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I'd consider Dublin top tier for sure. They are probably closer to an All Ireland than Wexford. They just need a run of wins. Wexford aren't far off either but their style under Davy isn't conducive to landing an All Ireland.

I'd say top tier is a team that will be there or thereabouts come summer most years. Dublin a bit off that right now but getting there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

golfball37 wrote: »
    That’s been done by lots of players

Like who?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

This will release a pressure valve in Limerick hurling and kids with athletic ability will have the choice of hurling or rugby. Munster rugby has a strangle hold on top top athletic kids in the city but they have some competition now.
    It's time for a major renewal of the city hurling clubs and maybe time for a new hurling club to cater for the upswing. This opportunity must be harnessed because 73 wasn't.

Stand to be corrected here

Cha Fitzpatrick from Kilkenny

Minor 2003
    U21 2004
    Senior 2006

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭ratracer

Good day out, not a terrible game either! Bitterly disappointed with this Galway team today, but hey, it came down to a puck of the ball in the end! A lot of very nervous Limerick supporters all around me in Croker before the final whistle!

No complaints, Limerick were hungrier and bossed Galway all over the pitch today, congrats to them. After seeing the joy in Galway last year, I really hope they enjoy the celebrations for the next few months.
    This Galway team aren’t done yet, can’t wait for Championship 2019

Advertisement