Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Senior Hurling- Liam McCarthy Cup 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

He may as well not be there.

It's the fashionable way to referee a hurling game these days - give absolutely nothing.

You can have a flowing game of hurling and blow for clear fouls too. Ridiculous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

No matter who wins and it looks like Limerick now, this ref has put in a very poor performance. Worst I have seen in a while. Missed a load on both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Terrible game of hurling here. Fair play to Limerick in that they turned up physically but I've not seen Tipp so gutless in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,876 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The hurling is gone as bad as the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

lawred2 wrote: »
    Terrible game on hurling here. Fair play to Limerick in that they turned up physically but I've not seen Tipp so gutless in a long long time.

Last year against Cork, also in the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think the conditions did have a big effect on the game but that doesn’t excuse some woeful free taking and shooting.

In a way, the purists will say that today a bit of the magic is lost because that’s an enormous victory for limerick but there was no jubilant scenes at the end as it’s now only 2 points on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,332 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tipp under serious pressure now. Playing 3 weeks in a row with Cork at home, Waterford in Limerick and Clare at home.

Good result for Limerick with them having going into the rest week before they face Cork on Sat 2nd June

• Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shefflin spirken away to himself can't hide his delight with the tipp performance.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Shefflin spirken away to himself can't hide his delight with the tipp performance.

Tbf someone behind the cameras said/ did something. I saw loughnane smirk too at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Desperate game of hurling. Tipperary very poor again today. Their performance against Galway last August probably glossed over their poor year. They just never looked like growing in to the game at all today. The free flowing, all action hurling they played in 2016 seems like an awful long time ago now.

It was a very strange game/atmosphere, the only exciting passage of play in the whole game was the 15 seconds before the first Tipp goal. Tipp need to raise things in a big way before next week or they’re under pressure to go anywhere this summer. No intensity today and I thought their hurling was poor all around the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

If he was, he was smirking on behalf of his whole county. Big cheer in Nowlan park when the result was announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭C__MC

You’d miss the buzz of the old format

Packed house- proper championship hurling. No excuses. I just don’t like this league format. Not the same

Btw

Kk making hard work of Offaly

10 left 1.16-1.11

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

C__MC wrote: »
    You’d miss the buzz of the old format

Packed house- proper championship hurling. No excuses. I just don’t like this league format. Not the same

There hasn't been packed houses in the Munster quarter- and semi-finals for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

**** me, we have missed opportunity after opportunity so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A few minutes left, KK 2-19 Offaly 1-13

Fist pumping cringe- Wexford winning as is kk

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

C__MC wrote: »
    I don’t understand the GAA logic in relegating Offaly or Dublin-
    Serves no purpose for them in joe mc donagh cup?

Well you could say the same about the top teams in the Joe McDonagh. There needs to be the possibility of promotion to provide incentive.

I do think though a better system would be for the two bottom group teams to play off in a relegation play off, with the loser then taking on the winner of the Joe McDonagh for a place in the championship.

Worst case scenario the team gets relegated and if they're good enough they'll win the Joe McDonagh and they'll be back in an all Ireland quarter final.
    I'm not a fan of that sort of playoff as the team from the top tier could in theory lose five matches in a row and stay up by winning one while the team in the Joe McDonagh could win six in a row and still miss out. Theres also the issue of when the play off would take place.
    Would the Joe McDonagh team have to play the play off before their All-Ireland match or would it take place once they get knocked out?
    If they had to play before then the whole Joe McDonagh tournament would need to start earlier but that'd have the same flaw as last year's setup where all the lower tier teams seasons were effectively finished before the ground hardened up. Playing after the Joe McDonagh team eventually drops out of the All-Ireland race would give their relegation playoff opponents a great window to tailor their gameplan for the match.

I think the winner of the tournament needs the prize of straight promotion to really make it a tournament teams will celebrate winning. Maybe extend Leinster to six teams to avoid relegating Offaly or Dublin (based on form it'll be one of them that finishes bottom) this year. If Kerry win the Joe McDonagh let them into Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Dubs were 5 points down and 1 up before extra time.

Wexford won it in the last 2 mins of extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Patww79 wrote: »
    I agree in theory but there's no way it'd get through congress.

Wexford beat the dubs by two

Dublin v Offaly virtually a relegation play off on the June bank holiday

Just relegate one of Munster if they're bottom. If you finish last out of five then tough titties.

Don't want to be relegated? - win more games.

No Joe McDonagh team should be promoted unless they can beat the last placed team in the provisional group in a play off.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He was out cold before he once again landed on his head again.

Then same should apply for Leinster. The difference between the two is the big joke.

Yeah, it should apply to both munster and leinster.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

At least a foot out of play ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Nash very poor there.

Advertisement