Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AI Senior Hurling- Liam McCarthy Cup 2018

1899091929395»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

It is played during the winter partly because of tradition. There was a taime when club championsip's were played alongside intercounty. However from the mid 90's on this changes as intercounty managers started to refuse to release players. This reduced club championship's games and forced it to be condensed.

Now as club's start to get the chance to pressuize counties boards to have games in April lads again and for Club championship to take up round robin formats like Limerick do. Change will not cannot happen straight away. I think that clubs will be more forcefull at county board meeting this year regarding release of players back to club. I think county manger's have county panels holiday in April will be resisted more and more. I expect that Croke park will start to stop what happened last April.

It was interesting that some of the most vocal voices for chane on TV came from Cork Pundits who the new format did not suit. The other issue is if adult soccer moves to a summer format the suggestion here would spell the end of club hurling. I see it already the struggle with soccer early in the season. If club game vacates from March to August soccer will grab it player will not came back to train for hurling and football in May or June.

You obviously didn't read, or don't understand what I wrote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Excellent news for Waterford, and the Munster Championship.

https://twitter.com/beat102103/status/1101198924814131201?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Excellent news for Waterford, and the Munster Championship.

https://twitter.com/beat102103/status/1101198924814131201?s=19

As a Clare supporter I welcome this news, I always enjoyed Walsh Park and it's only fair Waterford get to play their home games there, particularly given the Emperors new clothes that is Cusack Park.
    Just hope I get a ticket now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

KK and Wexford featuring at the bottom of average number of scorers per game backs up the suggestion that the are very reliant on a small number of players to get scores. That said the Munster championship is a much more looser/higher scoring championship than Leinster.

[/QUOTE]

The view was put about on the Kilkenny forum in mid summer last year that the Munster championship wasn't real hurling, just roaring and shouting and a lot of noise and the teams would be found out against the real teams from Leinster who would use defenders. Ultimately this view was badly discredited by the results of matches. So rather than say "the Munster championship is a much more looser/higher scoring championship than Leinster" it is surely fair to say it's just better? It was fairly obvious last year that Kilkenny and Wexford were hugely reliant on a few players which is why they were well off the pace.

Advertisement