Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Warning - Howth

Options
  • 08-04-2018 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I presume this falls under the remit of Fingal? I've posted it on Fixmystreet.

It's on Abbey street as you approach the pedestrian crossing into Howth village, just after the church.

There is a road repair that I can only assume was done by someone in training or maybe blindfolded, but it's one of those raised metal plates. The real issue is that the tarmac laid to seal it is a complete mess of lumps and bumps.

I accidentally hit it today and I'm amazed I didn't come off. Given the volume of cycling traffic and the speed that even a casual cyclist would hit this at, I feel this deserved a thread of its own and not lost in another one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Cheers for the heads up, i'll be in Howth Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There's another one of those large thick metal plates between Portmarnock and Baldoyle (heading towards Baldoyle). Very dangerous especially at night. They do it as a temporary fix when they have to reopen the hole again.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Yeah that one in portmarnock is ridiculous alright .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

The section of Carrickbrack road between the graveyard and the golf course entrance is in bits. Full of debris from the recent row of newly built houses. That section was never great with plenty of cracks on the road, even worse now.

Careful when descending on that section!

Advertisement