Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 8 | Episode 15 | Worth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

First time in a long time I can say not only did I actually really enjoy that episode. I really feel that was a genuinely strong, and very good episode!

Tension at times, humour, payoff. Stupid escape with coward boy naturally being the only real blemish for me. Just after watching so may be off but I'd go so far as to say the best episode of the season

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Good episode, although it didn't feel like a penultimate episode.  The all out war storyline has been disappointing. 

As someone mentioned previously, the whole Aaron storyline is stupid.  There needs to be a cull of characters during the shootout next week, he adds nothing to the storyline at this stage (as well as a few others).

Shame to see Simon depart, he was a great bad guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

morphman wrote: »
    Reckon Eugene has em all maki by dodgy bullets, that will either miss fire or kill who Ever is firing the gun!!

Hopefully although his weird monologues in his weird accent really grate on me so if he's not making dodgy bullets maybe it's time he took a bullet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

snowgal wrote: »
    It's Rosita, not that had to find out really...

In fairness, she's only been in the show for the last four seasons. You can't expect people to remember her name that easily :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I thought Rosita was looking particularly well in this episode, although her character needs some development beyond "angry girl in khaki." Either that or she goes - four years is probably long enough to get some character development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

snowgal wrote: »
    Grand and calm here cheers. But literally can just check her name in a minute rather than big boobed that's all...

But we could use that minute to just be looking at her boobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

How on Earth has Gregory survived. He's pretty pointless storyline wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

How on Earth has Gregory survived. He's pretty pointless storyline wise.

I think he's meant to be comic relief now, and even that isn't working.

Whats odd to me is that Rosita doesn't even have big boobs, Tara on the other hand I could understand, but referring to Rosita as the "girl with the big boobs" is a puzzler

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Whats odd to me is that Rosita doesn't even have big boobs, Tara on the other hand I could understand, but referring to Rosita as the "girl with the big boobs" is a puzzler

So it's a puzzler for you... can't just leave it huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

I wonder what plans Negan has for Dwight? Pity Simon had to depart. Thought he was a good character and was well acted. He was menacing at times. They get rid of one of the better characters and leave the likes of Tara, Eugene, Aaron and Maggie behind:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Aaron and Maggie are fundamentally good characters who are totally misused in the show by the writers. Aaron is only out of the way to keep him safe IMO - his walker fight was a yawn because he's not going to die unless it's in the final battle with Negan (still unlikely I'd say; same with Maggie).

Where has Jesus been the last few weeks?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Not the worst episode, nice to see some real animosity amongst the Saviours, I think it was long overdue. It's inevitable that not all of them were 100% on board with Negan's way (not that Simon's way would be much better tbh!!). Although from a technical point of view, I really disliked how they cut the 'Negan killing Simon' scene with the Dwight and Gregory scene. They should have focused on the kill scene and let it drag out. The audience were anticipating it, why cut to a scene which could easily have been slotted in beforehand, giving Gregory the chance to slip away while the fight was happening. I liked how Simon still had the cojones to swing at Negan unexpectedly and floor him too, he got a couple of good punches in before he was walker-ized.

Also agree with others about a major character cull being necessary. There are a lot of minor characters that really serve no purpose except to dilute the storyline from the bigger characters, like Enid, Aaron, even Jesus. It's impossible to properly flesh out so many characters, even Daryl seems to have completed his character development arc and has really just been hanging around being really angry all the time this past season. Plus we'll get more characters I'm sure - Oceanside are bound to turn up again, maybe even for the Final Battle - also if the Saviours are defeated, what about the ordinary workers in their compound, or any of the Saviours who decide to join up with Rick? I'm sure some of them will become regulars too. Also the Commonwealth...

I hope that Gregory meets his maker in the finale, along with Eugene. I'm not sure the group would have Eugene back, even if he begged. Although it would be good if he went out having heroically saved one of the main group or, as others have mentioned, made dodgy bullets that misfire and leave the Saviours defenceless.

It will be interesting to see what Negan does with Dwight in the finale - if he's at the final battle at all, will it be as a prisoner, trussed up in some Mad Max style scenario, to taunt Rick that Negan once again has the upper hand? Or maybe Negan will blackmail him into a final betrayal of Rick et al - could he possibly have Sherry held prisoner to force his hand? Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure that either Daryl and/or Tara will be the ones to either rescue him or put him down in a final act of mercy if he's being nibbled by walkers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

billyhead wrote: »
    I wonder what plans Negan has for Dwight? Pity Simon had to depart. Thought he was a good character and was well acted. He was menacing at times. They get rid of one of the better characters and leave the likes of Tara, Eugene, Aaron and Maggie behind:(
    No idea, but I reckon Daryl will think he double crossed them and end up giving him the bullet.
    Aaron and Maggie are fundamentally good characters who are totally misused in the show by the writers. Aaron is only out of the way to keep him safe IMO - his walker fight was a yawn because he's not going to die unless it's in the final battle with Negan (still unlikely I'd say; same with Maggie).

Where has Jesus been the last few weeks?!
    Ah, he's no stranger to going AWOL around Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mzungu wrote: »
    No idea, but I reckon Daryl will think he double crossed them and end up giving him the bullet.

Ah, he's no stranger to going AWOL around Easter.

Jesus was out scouting for supplies according to Maggie 2 episodes ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Are you guys all feeling OK - never so many high votes on a TWD episode, and the ones voting 5 or less need to go watch Z Nation instead

bear1 wrote: »
    So it's a puzzler for you... can't just leave it huh?

I haven't gone at it to leave it tbh. I do apologise if my commenting on a subject brought up in the thread bothered you. Very sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

fritzelly wrote: »
    Are you guys all feeling OK - never so many high votes on a TWD episode, and the ones voting 5 or less need to go watch Z Nation instead
    Low expectations....

I haven't gone at it to leave it tbh. I do apologise if my commenting on a subject brought up in the thread bothered you. Very sorry.

Ah it's fine no harm no foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

So a pansy kick to the head from Aaron is enough to kill a walker now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Liamalone wrote: »
    So a pansy kick to the head from Aaron is enough to kill a walker now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell_skull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

endacl wrote: »

Eh? What's that got to do with it lol. The kick barely made contact and wouldn't have cracked an easter egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Completely forgot about Aaron and what he was up to.

I still can't remember what he's up to. Why was he hanging around in the forest again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I still can't remember what he's up to. Why was he hanging around in the forest again?

Me neither. I couldn't be bothered typing the question. I guessed it was due to some insignificant easily forgotten about ****

Didn't he split from enid in order to search for more people to help them?
    Another gob****e that needs killing off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    He's trying to annoy Oceanside into joining the fight. Not sure how him continuing to almost die a bunch of times is going to convince these people that they can beat Saviors tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Yeah, he is trying to get them onside to fight the saviors. Never mind that previously his accomplice gunned down one of their leaders. They also recently robbed them of their firearms. Together with the above mentioned near deaths, not the best plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Shame to see Simon depart, he was a great bad guy!

Yeah Simon was actually one of the better characters and they kill him off. Meanwhile there are about half a dozen other utterly pointless and tedious characters who have been hanging around like a bad smell for years now.

I had literally completely forgotten about Aaron before he turned up again in this episode. Couldn't even remember what happened to him. Think I just presumed he was dead. TWD has so many of these characters that you just don't care about.

Weird how marginal a character Daryll has become as well. He's had practically nothing to do this entire season. Apart from look mean and moody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Did Heath ever show up as confirmed dead either?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Did Heath ever show up as confirmed dead either?

Not that I can recall. I'm sure they purposefully left it open for a return (AFAIK the actor moved onto the new series of 24) but it would be a safe bet at this stage he will not be returning.

Advertisement