Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRESTLEMANIA 34 Pre-Show/Live Show Thread (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

‘Nia tossing Mickey all over the place.’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

martyos121 wrote: »
    That gear is doing Nia no favours. Jesus.

Pretty sure they pick their own outfits (to a point anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    She looks shocking

When watching takeover and I honestly thought it was the actress playing paige in the movie promoting the following trailer :o had to double take.

That said I still think she has put on weight. Why she looks different. We all know the drugs n stuff. But still.
    If guys like raven and Saturn could be ****ed up on ecstasy and heroin (raven) and still go out there and perform and still look good then no way would her change of looks be drugs as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bliss is an awesome cowardly heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I don't see Nia not winning due to the whole "Female positivity" vibe they have been giving her for the storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Surely this will be short hardly ring generals in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Christ, Alexa.

Take. A. Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why did they announce Nia's weight and not Alexa?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pentecost wrote: »
    Pretty sure they pick their own outfits (to a point anyway).

The point remains. Whoever made the call on that gear is blind. She can look very good when she wants to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

They never do announce the weight of females. I suppose they made an exception for Nia though.

• Advertisement

Makes sense, the storyline is that Jax is a bigger girl. Nia is trying to get others to accept her like she accepts herself, Bliss is being "b1tchy cheerleader" girl.

The point remains. Whoever made the call on that gear is blind. She can look very good when she wants to.

Pretty sure Mark Henry wore it in the Sexual Chocolate days.

When watching takeover and I honestly thought it was the actress playing paige in the movie promoting the following trailer :o had to double take.

That said I still think she has put on weight. Why she looks different. We all know the drugs n stuff. But still.
    If guys like raven and Saturn could be ****ed up on ecstasy and heroin (raven) and still go out there and perform and still look good then no way she could look that in a bits that quick. Has to be just just getting a bit of weight on her.

She’s been injured a lot in the last year or two and has gained a little weight but it’s not just that, she actually looks more different facially than you would expect over a few years in your early to mid 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

seanhynes wrote: »
    Wish there was a triple threat falls count anywhere hardcore title match to come:pac:

Raven v bog show v kane was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If guys like raven and Saturn could be ****ed up on ecstasy and heroin (raven) and still go out there and perform and still look good then no way would her change of looks be drugs as such.

Raven used go out there on heroin?

That wasn’t a proper kick out.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    They never do announce the weight of females. I suppose they made an exception for Nia though.

Well spotted.
    Make Nia come off as a monster of a woman by calling her weight.

That said wwe are clearly worried if they start announcing say the weight of sasha banks it would look a bit weird when watching a 98lbs woman "kick ass"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ‘Nia tossing Mickey all over the place.’

Heh, heh, phrasing :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That wasn’t a proper kick out.

Definitely a 3 count.

Agreed she’s a good looking woman. Just saying that, by all accounts, the producers don’t force them into unflattering gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,702 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She pancaked Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Cool finish

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good result but poor match.

Delighted for her. I know she isn't great in ring or on the mic, but I've always had a soft spot for Nia.

Bliss may have lost, but Buddy Murphy is still the real winner.

She’s been injured a lot in the last year or two and has gained a little weight but it’s not just that, she actually looks more different facially than you would expect over a few years in your early to mid 20s.

Perhaps.
    What could it be tho?

Like every wrestler gets injuries so it's not that. If it is drugs? She must be going off the rails with them....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Announcing Nia's weight is to say it is okay to be 'large'.

Alexa had difficulties with Anorexia so weight should not be something they make an issue of.

In many ways that is why I find this story annoying, Alexa is a super example to young people who have body image problems herself. But I suppose 'plus' size is more celebatory than young girl with anorexia getting over it all and becoming a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

I'm not a fan of the emotional mess gimmick now has she should be a beast
    Little miss bliss will always be one of the best she works better with the title thou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Happy with that. Bliss is good on the mic but the fat thing was a bit cheap.

• Advertisement

Don’t think the make up helps. That video looked like she’d done it herself while off her face.

Advertisement