Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traveller: In the Reach - The Droyne Blues

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Glenn also tries to command the self-destruct to stop "Computer, stop self-destruct".

OOC: Succinct I know, and I think also futile as Four said 'irreversible drive overload'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    'Our only option is to try get to the vainglorious. How many of us could you teleport Glenn?'

OOC: Hush you, you're in the pod with me :P Again :pac::pac:

"The problem, Verne, is that the Vainglorious is attached to this ship, and has barely any propulsion to its name. I imagine that if this ship explodes, the Vainglorious will be gone too"

OOC: Am I correct in assuming that? Hence me asking about the small craft earlier...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Dhinor comms Glenn. I'm in engineering. Teleport without me. Godspeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

jasonb wrote: »
    OOC: How far can I teleport Four? Does the Vainglorious still have it's little 'shuttle/runabout' or did I imagine that?
    OOC: With luck, you will be able to port to the Vainglorius.

• Advertisement

Glenn teleports to engineering, grabs Dhinor and teleports back to the pods. "I'm not going to let you be the only famous hero here mate...". He then puts Dhinor into the Escape pod and ejects it from the ship...

OOC: Until Four tells me different, I'm teleporting around this ship without rolls. Getting to the Vainglorious Shuttle (if it exists) is another issue though...

KaaKra looks at Verne.

'I know what I said before... but we have no choice. We have to head for Blue.

He begins to program the pod.

Glenn teleports to engineering, grabs Dhinor and teleports back to the pods. "I'm not going to let you be the only famous hero here mate...". He then puts Dhinor into the Escape pod and ejects it from the ship...
    Glenn wobbles and bleeds from his ears, the psychic exertion is beginning to take its toll.

Necrominus wrote: »
    KaaKra looks at Verne.

'I know what I said before... but we have no choice. We have to head for Blue.

He begins to program the pod.
    The pod computer speaks.

"Blue targeted, reentry survival chance, 62%"

KaaKra looks at Verne.

'That's better than half, at least.'

He hits launch.

• Advertisement

Glenn rests for a minute. He sees the two pods head towards Blue. Everyone else on the ship is dead (OOC I think?). "Computer, how long before the engine explodes?"

Dhinor's escape pod is fired off toward Blue. The pod computer informs him that this one has only a 28% chance of survival on reentry.

Fourier wrote: »
    Dhinor's escape pod is fired off into the void, in no particular direction.

OOC can I change direction with thruster or something using pilot skill?

Dhinor's escape pod is fired off into the void, in no particular direction.

OOC: Ah... I thought it obvious that I sent it to Blue (where else would I send it?), in fact I even mentioned two pods going towards Blue. Does the fact that I didn't type it mean it didn't happen?

"Computer, is there a raft/shuttle on this ship?"

OOC: Ah... I thought it obvious that I sent it to Blue (where else would I send it?), in fact I even mentioned two pods going towards Blue. Does the fact that I didn't type it mean it didn't happen?
    OOC: No not at all, I'll change it now.

OOC: Ok, I have to leave in a couple of mins. My plan, such as it is, is to find out how long the engine has left before it blows, find out if this ship has a shuttle/raft, find out if the Vainglorious has a shuttle/raft and then do one of the following:

1. Use this ship's shuttle/raft to get the hell out of here
    2. Teleport to the vainglorious (if I can) and stay there if I'm safe from the blast, or use that ship's shuttle/raft to get the hell out of here
    3. With the vacc suit on, just teleport as far away as I can and hope someone finds me!

It all depends on how long I have left, what ships are available, and how big the explosion will be.

Oops, just thought of something...

"Barrymore, can you hear me, are you still repsonding to my commands?"

"Computer, is there a raft/shuttle on this ship?"
    'Negative' comes the chilling reply.

The two escape pods rocket toward Blue. KaKraa sees the friction fires light up the windows.

'Negative' comes the chilling reply.

Glenn starts humming 'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do' to himself. He tries to control his breathing and relax as much as possible, preparing himself for a potential long teleport.

• Advertisement

"Computer, will the destruction of this ship destroy the Vainglorious? Is there a raft/shuttle on the Vainglorious?"

The two escape pods rocket toward Blue. KaKraa sees the friction fires light up the windows.

Dhinor sighs and reflects on the last few.... minutes?

Where did it all go wrong. Not killing Evan before now, probably.

Dhinor makes peace with his choices and accepts his fate, whatever that may be. He watches out a viewing port as planet Blue grows larger and larger in front of him.

He hefts Evans severed lower leg absent mindedly as he watches the planet approach.

A farmer out chewing some hay on Blue looks up from a nice little pottery display he is making to see two beautiful stars shooting through the sky.

Then they explode.

'Festivals starting early this year?' he wonders.

"Computer, will the destruction of this ship destroy the Vainglorious? Is there a raft/shuttle on the Vainglorious?"
    'Negative, ship raft previously destroyed. Vainglorious survival chance, 4%'

OOC: Assuming control of Glenn, one chance left.

OOC: Would have revealed this to you Glenn, if you were forced into a corner.

Glenn, with little recourse left forms a strange sequence of thoughts in his mind, he hopes this will work.

"Krinaytsyuni Yaskoydray, Asdolikpis"

He collapses dead from the mental strain.

Alex is confused that the droids forced him into a pod, he doesn't have long to be confused as he is consumed by bright purple flame on reentry.

Nestor stands in the halls, the only thing left to her, what message to send on the final transmission. The ship shakes violently.

The transmission console lies up the hall....

OOC: Just to close this off.

Nestor falls onto the console.

"This is Nestor, last survivor of the Vainglorious, signing off."

Down on Blue children pull at their parents, as a new star appears in the night sky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement