Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the symbols?

Options
  • 09-04-2018 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭

Purely out of curiousity, but what do the symbols on a forum mean that appear between the "new posts" etc column and thread title column (i.e the second column), for example the blue question mark or the newsletter symbol or the yellow exclamation etc.

I have seen all the other types of symbols explained but not these, how are they assigned etc.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

These are just optional symbols that a poster can add to a new thread when they are posting it, for example you might choose the blue question mark icon5.png if asking a question or looking for opnions on something or the lightbulb icon3.png if posting a new idea, etc.

When using the legacy site, you will see them below the text box:

447721.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Thanks Niamh, and to think after several years of using Boards I never copped that :)

Advertisement