Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1970s early synth music appreciation thread

Options
  • 09-04-2018 7:41am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There is a serious bias here towards 1990s and 2000s electronic music, and don’t get me wrong, I love stuff like The Prodigy, Orbital, Chemical Brothers, Boards of Canada etc.

But am I the only one who has a real appreciation for the pioneers of early synthesizer music, like Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder, Vangelis and others? They paved the way for 80s synth pop and later on, techno. Some of their stuff was amazing for its time.

Here’s a Kraftwerk track from their seminal 1974 album Autobahn. Way way ahead of its time and might amaze some people what was possible with the Moog and ARP synthesizers back in 1974.

Kraftwerk - Kometenmelodie 2 (1974). Released 44 years ago this month.

Feel free to post up your 1970s electronic/synth music here.:)

Comments

Advertisement