Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting Prepay Sim Card online

Options
  • 09-04-2018 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I want to get a prepay sim for mobile broadband as I will be moving soon and I don't want to lock into a contract until I know what providers are good in the area. I followed this link: https://www.eir.ie/mobile/broadband/prepay/ and then clicked on the big "Get a Mobile Broadband SIM" button. Went to checkout and entered all my details. The cost is €0.00 so I only had to enter delivery information. 

I tried on 3 occasions, and on all three, the processing screen stays active, and nothing actually completes. Using web chat, I asked about this and your colleague has told me that I can't do this request online and I must visit an eir store. I think that this is a bit stupid, as if I can't get it online, why all the options to order online?

Visiting an eir store is not an option I have, and I would prefer if I could get this sorted online, as I should be able to as all the steps are there it just doesn't work!

Can you please help with this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Hi, 

I want to get a prepay sim for mobile broadband as I will be moving soon and I don't want to lock into a contract until I know what providers are good in the area. I followed this link: https://www.eir.ie/mobile/broadband/prepay/ and then clicked on the big "Get a Mobile Broadband SIM" button. Went to checkout and entered all my details. The cost is €0.00 so I only had to enter delivery information. 

I tried on 3 occasions, and on all three, the processing screen stays active, and nothing actually completes. Using web chat, I asked about this and your colleague has told me that I can't do this request online and I must visit an eir store. I think that this is a bit stupid, as if I can't get it online, why all the options to order online?

Visiting an eir store is not an option I have, and I would prefer if I could get this sorted online, as I should be able to as all the steps are there it just doesn't work!

Can you please help with this?

Thanks.
    Hi reap-a-rat,

Thanks for contacting us here.

Thank you for highlighting this issue. The order should complete but there may be an issue with our website at this current time. I have escalated this on but I have no timeframe as to when this will be resolved. In the interim, I would suggest visiting a store to obtain a sim. I'm sorry its not better news.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement