Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Push back loan payment - many negative consequences?

• 09-04-2018 9:04am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if pushing back a loan payment by a few months would hit my credit rating badly? Or have any other negative effects? Hit a bit of a rough patch recently, and struggled the last few months. If i could push the loan payments back by 2-3 months, it would allow us to clear some other bills, and get back into a better place.

Haven't talked to the bank yet, and figured i'd check here before i even look into it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

AFAIK, once you're in arrears for more than 3 months, your ICB credit score automatically goes to 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

SSr0 wrote: »
    AFAIK, once you're in arrears for more than 3 months, your ICB credit score automatically goes to 50.

Do we have a numbering system now like the Americans?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They only way to gauge the potential consequences is to ask the lender.

You'd never know they might offer a repayment holiday or rescheduling of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Fol20 wrote: »
    Do we have a numbering system now like the Americans?

http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php

Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

SSr0 wrote: »

Wouldnt arrears be classified as an unauthorised missed payment.
    If you got permission from the bank i would think it wouldnt be classified as arrears .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭vrusinov

I saw some banks let you to pay interest only for a month or two. Would that help you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cheers folks, i'll check with the bank today and see what they say.

Advertisement