Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys - 3Arena - 24&25/9/2018 - **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had another listen this morning and it's just... bland and meandering IMO. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Ive always liked the difference fron album to album, though some took longer to sink in than others. Also loved The Last Shadow Puppets.

There are 2-3 songs on here i like but its hard to see the rest ever clicking for me. Its pretty terrible. Hopefully the next album will be as different from this as this was from AM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

maximoose wrote: »
    Had another listen this morning and it's just... bland and meandering IMO. Oh well.

It's an album I'll happily have on in the background but can't imagine making an effort to listen to any one song yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

hots wrote: »
    It's an album I'll happily have on in the background but can't imagine making an effort to listen to any one song yet.

I've had 4 out of 5 stuck in my head all day. Play that tune a couple more times and you'll be singing along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea, everyones disappointed, but checking Setlist.fm, it's not like the gig is going to be exclusively songs from the album, maybe a couple but they'll still knock out the bangers..it's clearly a concept album - doesn't seem like arena anthems was what they were going for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

ok so i reckon im on my 6th spin and i am liking it more and more each time the lyriucs just get stuck in your head .... its just not an AM album its Alex Turner plus support i suppose is the best way to describe it can see him touring solo eventually doing alot of this but id imagine for the arena shows it will be 3 or 4 of this plus all the hits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

There is about 3 - 4 tunes on this album i really enjoy but the rest is very meh.

Most disappointing factor for me is the lack of drums. Love Matt Helders drumming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

There's not a rememberable track on the album. Very disappointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Probably their worst album.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

After repeated listens the album is my 2nd favourite of their discography. Humbug coming 1st. Idk what people were expecting but when i heard this wasn't a guitar heavy record I knew not to get my hopes up too much. The more you listen to TBH&C the more you'll like it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

"four out of five" is by far the best song on an otherwise underwhelming album. For me, AM have improved with every album - they were a rarity where every album was a better one than preceded it - definitely not the case anymore. Bit self indulgent from Turner really is how this seems. His crooner act is just a bit.. Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

After repeated listens the album is my 2nd favourite of their discography. Humbug coming 1st. Idk what people were expecting but when i heard this wasn't a guitar heavy record I knew not to get my hopes up too much. The more you listen to TBH&C the more you'll like it imo.

it's a grower for sure, really liking it when at first I didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

dulux99 wrote: »
    "four out of five" is by far the best song on an otherwise underwhelming album. For me, AM have improved with every album - they were a rarity where every album was a better one than preceded it - definitely not the case anymore. Bit self indulgent from Turner really is how this seems. His crooner act is just a bit.. Meh

Great tune. I also really like the title track and star treatment.

After a few listen its not as bad as people are making it out to be but is still an average enough album

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I like every track except for she looks like fun and golden trunks. I've pretty much had it on repeat for a week now and im still really enjoying it. There are some really great lyrics all over it.

Can anyone tell me what they like about "She Looks Like Fun"? Sounds to me like a jokey outtake from the studio. Some songs on this I get and some I dont, but that is absolute nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It’s mixed terribly too. Why not re record with the line ‘She looks like” instead of trying to snip the original recorded line so poorly? Weird.

Turner has said that a lot of the original vocal recordings from the demos at home made the record. I can’t help but think this could’ve been polished up a lot more with more takes.

Even the best song on it ‘4 out of 5’ sounds amazing now live which probably came with good rehearsal sessions . See the Jimmy Fallon performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Are there anti-touting measures in place for this gig in the 3Arena ? The mixed opinions on the album might lead to more people putting tickets up for sale

threein99 wrote: »
    Are there anti-touting measures in place for this gig in the 3Arena ? The mixed opinions on the album might lead to more people putting tickets up for sale

I was at Noel Gallagher last week and they were checking everyone going in. My sister bought me the tickets for Xmas with her name on them and we had a bit of hassle. Luckily she used her maiden name or we could have had problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

threein99 wrote: »

Yes ,you can only resell the tickets on Twickets.
    They charge a 10% resale fee.

Its a bit unethical really ,as Twickets is a commercial venture and the Arctic Monkeys manager and Noel Gallagher's manager are major investors so its a major conflict of interest.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes ,you can only resell the tickets on Twickets.
    They charge a 10% resale fee.

Its a bit unethical really ,as Twickets is a commercial venture and the Arctic Monkeys manager and Noel Gallagher's manager are major investors so its a major conflict of interest.

10% is better than 100% I suppose, I'll keep an eye out on that site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Tried listing my ticket on that Twickets site and it's an absolute nightmare. Riddled with errors.

Will they definitely be as strict with ID checks?
    I'd love to sell to a genuine fan as I'm unable to attend the gig.

Tried listing my ticket on that Twickets site and it's an absolute nightmare. Riddled with errors.

Does that Twickets site change the name on the ticket?

Try Toutless maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I reckon it's the luck of the draw with the person you get checking the tickets. I went to (or got dragged to) Ed Sheeran the other week where there were apparently strict measures in place for tickets and there wasn't a shred of identity checks to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

If anyone wants to sell a ticket, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dulux99 wrote: »
    I reckon it's the luck of the draw with the person you get checking the tickets. I went to (or got dragged to) Ed Sheeran the other week where there were apparently strict measures in place for tickets and there wasn't a shred of identity checks to be found.

I'd say it's more likely to be checked earlier on in evening ,when it's getting close to the main event there will probably too many people coming in so take too much time checking ids

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

its a **** of a site i couldnt sell mine for noel gallagher even tho i had a couple of buyers because they were hard copy and twickets only allows listings of etickets apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

its a **** of a site i couldnt sell mine for noel gallagher even tho i had a couple of buyers because they were hard copy and twickets only allows listings of etickets apparently

Yeah I emailed them about that and they said that because they are uk based they can only resell e-tickets. But that in the next 3-4 weeks this will change.
    Not convinced. I'm going to sell it with a stern warning to any potential buyer that ID may be checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yeah I emailed them about that and they said that because they are uk based they can only resell e-tickets. But that in the next 3-4 weeks this will change.
    Not convinced. I'm going to sell it with a stern warning to any potential buyer that ID may be checked.

They only launched the Irish site recently so they are probably telling the truth.

• Advertisement

First gig since the album was released. Pretty good setlist;

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2018/columbiahalle-berlin-germany-3edc11b.html

Advertisement