Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys - 3Arena - 24&25/9/2018 - **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

Hey, heading to the gig tonight, can't wait.
    anyone know what time it is due to end....
    Trying to arrange transport to Cork after.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

thelungs wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Presume they start at 9pm? Say be safe enough to organise transport for 11.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

thelungs wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Doors open - 18:30
    Lemon Twigs - 19:30
    Arctic Monkeys - 20:45
    Finish - 22:30

Give or take 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Some tickets for tonight's gig up on Ticketmaster at the moment. Including standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Some tickets for tonight's gig up on Ticketmaster at the moment. Including standing.

I wish I wasnt broke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Anyone know of any good pubs near 3 arena? Can't be arsed walking too far away from the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

The Green Room bar is a decent spot. Only about 3mins around the corner from the 3arena.

They are checking IDs outside entrance 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

Any hassle on the wrong name printed on the ticket issue tonight?
    I bought tickets for my son and it's my name & (not his) surname on the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

LaLa2004 wrote: »
    Any hassle on the wrong name printed on the ticket issue tonight?
    I bought tickets for my son and it's my name & (not his) surname on the tickets.

ID was checked at entrance 3 when I was going in anyway and they said it had to match the ticket.

I’d imagine at worst they will just get a grilling and then let in once the info checks out, they surely aren’t going to refuse people for having their parents name on the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

No checks on door 2 at 7:30ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Entrance 2 no ID was checked. They didn’t even check my handbag which was surprising.

I thaought it was anOK gig but the sound was awful I thought. The crowd bounced around for the old music. It got very quiet for the new stuff no where near the same vibe. Was very flat at times for new stuff.

I really enjoyed it, when it was good it was great. Went a little bit flat and mid tempo around 3/4s of the way in - Science Fiction especially. Im not a huge fan of Whyd You Only Call Me... but it seemed to be played at a much slower speed than the record. Same with Snap Out Of It, but I was sober at a gig for the first time ever so maybe I just wasnt as much into it. TBHC was a bit flat too.

Dont Sit Down, Teddy Picker, Do I Wanna Know and RU Mine were great. I loved 4/5 and Star Treatment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Felt really phoned in, wouldn't take a free ticket to another night on this tour the new album has some real crowd killers. Lemon twigs were ace I thought, have an energy about them live you don't get on Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

danois wrote: »
    Entrance 2 no ID was checked. They didn’t even check my handbag which was surprising.

I thaought it was anOK gig but the sound was awful I thought. The crowd bounced around for the old music. It got very quiet for the new stuff no where near the same vibe. Was very flat at times for new stuff.

Same here - No ID checked at Entrance 2 after 8.15. After all the hassle of trying to find tickets last minute!

I really enjoyed it, when it was good it was great. Went a little bit flat and mid tempo around 3/4s of the way in - Science Fiction especially. Im not a huge fan of Whyd You Only Call Me... but it seemed to be played at a much slower speed than the record. Same with Snap Out Of It, but I was sober at a gig for the first time ever so maybe I just wasnt as much into it. TBHC was a bit flat too.

Dont Sit Down, Teddy Picker, Do I Wanna Know and RU Mine were great. I loved 4/5 and Star Treatment too.

Was wondering if it was just myself that found the sound quite bad. I actually think the sound in the 3arena is usually very good, contrary to what most people say. Having sat at the national gig before and standing for multiple gigs, it was always tight and sounded great, but I was sitting tonight (decent seats too, middle section right at the front), and found it quite muffled. Was it any better for people standing? I actually got the impression he didn't want to be there. Maybe looking too far into it.

The songs you mentioned were also highlights for me - with the addition of Brianstorm . But I must admit it wasn't the best gig I've been to, despite loving AM. I'm half thinking of going again tomorrow, standing this time, to see if the sound is any better...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stevie S

Had a flat spot after half way through for sure but I didn't come out thinking about that. Their best songs were awesome and looking down from the seated section at the standing section looked class. Alex looked as happy and engaged as he's going to get, he's not a stand up comedian (I am) . Very happy

I was standing pretty close too. It was a good sounding concert I feel. I thought The lads were brilliant. But one thing I need to mention is the new album tracks didn't sync well with the crowd.

As much as I love TBH&C it isn't an arena album. It's something you'd listen to in your room or if Alex and Co were doing a live take in a studio/intimate setting it be great.

Take the comparison from "teddy picker" which everyone was bouncing to and "Science Fiction" where everyone was talking amongst each other and uninterested.
    It's a shame cuz I really love TBH&C but after tonight I realised it doesn't sync well with the rest of their discography. If it was an Alex Turner solo album there would be no complaints lol

Have to say though these guys are magnificent and deserve much more praise than they are getting. Very happy with tonight. Whoever is going Tuesday night will certainly have a blast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I was standing pretty close too. It was a good sounding concert I feel. I thought The lads were brilliant. But one thing I need to mention is the new album tracks didn't sync well with the crowd.

As much as I love TBH&C it isn't an arena album. It's something you'd listen to in your room or if Alex and Co were doing a live take in a studio/intimate setting it be great.

Take the comparison from "teddy picker" which everyone was bouncing to and "Science Fiction" where everyone was talking amongst each other and uninterested.
    It's a shame cuz I really love TBH&C but after tonight I realised it doesn't sync well with the rest of their discography. If it was an Alex Turner solo album there would be no complaints lol

Have to say though these guys are magnificent and deserve much more praise than they are getting. Very happy with tonight. Whoever is going Tuesday night will certainly have a blast too.

I totally expected their new album to not resonant with the crowd, no problem with that. And I see how the new album might not be best suited to an arena, but I actually had high hopes for it sounding tight in the 3arena. Just overall I unfortunately felt the sound wasn't the best. Still great to see them all the same, and some of his antics were hilarious!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I totally expected their new album to not resonant with the crowd, no problem with that. And I see how the new album might not be best suited to an arena, but I actually had high hopes for it sounding tight in the 3arena. Just overall I unfortunately felt the sound wasn't the best. Still great to see them all the same, and some of his antics were hilarious!

I also expected it but I found myself bored with the crowd as well. Even tho TBH&C is my 2nd favourite album of AM. I found myself very underwhelmed listening to them live.

The sound wasn't perfect but I been to much worse. QOTSA in 3 arena for the Villains tour was dreadful imo. Could only hear one guitar and a really really loud bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Will I get a ticket last minute tomorrow night down there does anyone think? Not sure if I can go yet but if I can I will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Hi all could someone advise what time the gig finished up at?

Will I get a ticket last minute tomorrow night down there does anyone think? Not sure if I can go yet but if I can I will.

There were touts but no one giving them away cheap. Still a couple on ticketmaster

shamtastic wrote: »
    Hi all could someone advise what time the gig finished up at?

Half 10ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Something felt a little off, maybe the flow of the set or even slowing down some of the older numbers? Crying lightning for example, didn't seem to carry the same oomph

Hadn't been to the 3arena for ages, but the heat in there was unreal!

But I enjoyed it. They had me with four out of five tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Yeah not a great gig by any stretch. Didn't think the new songs worked with the older songs (good as some of them are), just kinda killed the momentum everytime. As someone else mentioned some of the songs from AM seemed to be played at a much slower pace, was weird.

Something felt a little off, maybe the flow of the set or even slowing down some of the older numbers? Crying lightning for example, didn't seem to carry the same oomph

Hadn't been to the 3arena for ages, but the heat in there was unreal!

But I enjoyed it. They had me with four out of five tbh

One thing that stood out to me was the gap between songs. The bands of that standard that Ive seen tend to play songs in 3-4 song bursts, with roadies beside them to change instruments by the end of the song. There was the guts of a minute between almost every song, and they messed around with their instruments a lot too.

Anyway, not quite the amazing show Id hoped for but still really enjoyed it. I quite like that they don't do that whole "(insert city) youre the best crowd weve played to" sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The general vibe from people seems to a bit meh of a gig. I've thought for a while that they phone in a lot of their gigs, they dont strike me as a band that absolutely loves performing live anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

They were only checking ID sporadically, and nexver when the queue was built up.
    If you are worried, just join the queue when it's good and long

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

I have one standing ticket available for tonight's Artic Monkeys gig if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Med101007 wrote: »
    I have one standing ticket available for tonight's Artic Monkeys gig if anyone is interested.

Will take for friend

sending pm

Advertisement