Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys - 3Arena - 24&25/9/2018 - **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Fourth time seeing them last night and this was bottom of the bunch. Tracks from the latest album didn't work in their location in the set list. Play them earlier then drive on to the end with the more uptempo stuff.

The gig had it's moments and the crowd around me were loving it but it felt disjointed to me.

I did like those t-shirts they were selling with the hexagons.

also the music on before the gig included 'Nino Ferrer - Looking For You'. Quality stuff I'd never heard of before last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

Med101007 wrote: »
    I have one standing ticket available for tonight's Artic Monkeys gig if anyone is interested.

I have two that I want to get rid of. Does that twickets site charge you to sell them or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

I really got the impression he wasn’t enjoying the gig and it showed. I could have sworn at one stage on a close up of his face it looked like he said to one of the lads I just wana go home or something to that effect.

I did enjoy it but overall I wouldn’t rush back and I wouldn’t pay to see them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Do people think there will be a Marley Park gig next summer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brndyl

I have one standing ticket available for tonight's Artic Monkeys gig if anyone is interested.

Also have a Standing Ticket pm if interested

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Raoul wrote: »
    I have two that I want to get rid of. Does that twickets site charge you to sell them or how does it work?

Buyer pays. I sold my ticket for tonight last week and got 72.80 for. I think that's what I paid including booking fee at the time I bought it.

---

PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
    PAYMENT FROM BUYER
    TICKET 1 €72.80
    BUYER'S FEES €7.91
    TOTAL €80.71
    FORWARDED TO TWICKETS*
    BUYER'S FEES --€7.91
    SELLER'S FEES --0.00
    YOU WILL RECEIVE
    FOR YOUR TICKETS €72.80

• Registered Users Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Buyer pays. I sold my ticket for tonight last week and got 72.80 for. I think that's what I paid including booking fee at the time I bought it.

---

PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
    PAYMENT FROM BUYER
    TICKET 1 €72.80
    BUYER'S FEES €7.91
    TOTAL €80.71
    FORWARDED TO TWICKETS*
    BUYER'S FEES --€7.91
    SELLER'S FEES --0.00
    YOU WILL RECEIVE
    FOR YOUR TICKETS €72.80

Yeah very handy. Sold my two on there for 70 euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sandy2000

Have one seated for FV tonight if anyone interested. Id put it on Twickets but looks like its closed for the gig tonight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I loved it, the atmosphere in the balcony was great. The sound was a bit muddy but I don't know when I last heard a great live sound...

I don't get the 'phoned-in' criticisms at all, I thought they gave it loads. The best British band of the last 30 years, wonderful to hear some of those songs live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Hippo wrote: »
    I loved it, the atmosphere in the balcony was great. The sound was a bit muddy but I don't know when I last heard a great live sound...

I don't get the 'phoned-in' criticisms at all, I thought they gave it loads. The best British band of the last 30 years, wonderful to hear some of those songs live

I agree. I know Irish crowds love audience participation but thats never been AM. Maybe people confuse lower tempo songs as less effort but I thought they gave it plenty last night too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Great gig I thought. Turner seemed to have a bit of a strop 2/3rds in while playing a tranquility track (sorry can't remember the title) and phoned it in for a couple of tunes but then seemed to snap out of it (get it!) The tracks off tranquility bar 4 out of 5 don't translate well to the stage and this seemed to piss him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

pretty sure that was not a strop, just messing about "bear with me man I lost my train of thought" then proceeds to argue with himself. done it for other gigs i saw online only reason I knew to recognise it!!

good gig I like the new stuff just thought the sequencing could be better, maybe cut an AM song for fluorescent adolescent etc. or something from suck it and see. too much AM for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

shamtastic wrote: »
    pretty sure that was not a strop, just messing about "bear with me man I lost my train of thought" then proceeds to argue with himself. done it for other gigs i saw online only reason I knew to recognise it!!

good gig I like the new stuff just thought the sequencing could be better, maybe cut an AM song for fluorescent adolescent etc. or something from suck it and see. too much AM for me.

You might be right in that case as I'd not seen any previous gig footage. It did seem to go a bit flat after that but maybe that was the crowd who seemed to lose interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Best songs of the night were off the new album!

Boom! Great gig.

Lemon twigs were immense

5 (4) stars out of 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

shamtastic wrote: »

statto25 wrote: »
    You might be right in that case as I'd not seen any previous gig footage. It did seem to go a bit flat after that but maybe that was the crowd who seemed to lose interest.

Alex Turner has essentially become a meme online. There's plenty of videos of him doing crazy/funny/weird stuff on stage, especially in recent years. And as shamtastic said, he always does a funny antic after "bear with me man I lost my train of thought". That been said, I did get a feeling he was quite tired or struggling through the gig last night. Maybe he' just wrecked from the tour.

@shamtastic , agree with AM, far too much from that album on the setlist. And what's even stranger is that they play the slower pace AM songs such as No.1 Party Anthem and Snap Out of It and Why..High. Would definitely drop those 3 for a mix of their other albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

mate that's exactly what I was thinking why play no. 1 party anthem when your new songs are slow tempo. keep cornerstone by all means because it's great but drive it home with some old stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Concert cherry popped tonite on two fronts, first time to see Arctic Monkeys and first time to buy outside from a tout.

I thought there were tix available for tonite, it was completely sold out down there. Saw no touts except the one I bought from and less than face value. Was taking a risk as didn't know if ID rule would be enforced but no issues at Entrance 2 just sailed in.

I've never listened to them or followed them other than knowing one or two big hits I thought they were spectacular. Way preferred the new material to the older and the lines between the two were clear. I think AT lives in LA now and it rings through in the new songs.

A lot of savages/poseurs in the crowd, a lad in front of me didn't shut TF up the whole night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Really enjoyed this but can see how they wouldn't come across as well in an outdoor setting á-la Oxegen etc.

Concert cherry popped tonite on two fronts, first time to see Arctic Monkeys and first time to buy outside from a tout.

I thought there were tix available for tonite, it was completely sold out down there. Saw no touts except the one I bought from and less than face value. Was taking a risk as didn't know if ID rule would be enforced but no issues at Entrance 2 just sailed in.

I've never listened to them or followed them other than knowing one or two big hits I thought they were spectacular. Way preferred the new material to the older and the lines between the two were clear. I think AT lives in LA now and it rings through in the new songs.

A lot of savages/poseurs in the crowd, a lad in front of me didn't shut TF up the whole night.

Par for the course

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

callaway92 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this but can see how they wouldn't come across as well in an outdoor setting a Oxegen etc.

Saw them in Marley Park a few years ago. Was also in attendance on Monday night.

Marley Park blew the doors off. Monday night.......... not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

threein99 wrote: »
    Par for the course

guy beside us had his torch on for the whole gig took about 200 photos of him and his mate making funny faces....

guy beside us had his torch on for the whole gig took about 200 photos of him and his mate making funny faces....

Head melting behavior and a waste of tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Average band play average show shocker

The Nal wrote: »

Do you just troll every band/gig thread there is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Do you just troll every band/gig thread there is ?

He's a joyless wretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The Nal wrote: »

Ah! This type.

Guaranteed to be the lad who butts into conversations about football to moan how Spotify is dogsh*t and how he uses Tidal as his discerning ears can hear the difference, while paying through the nose for the privilege.

"Have you heard of my favourite band? Oh you have? Then I don't like them anymore".

Nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

I taught the gig was brilliant last night. First time in the 3 Arena, class venue and the sound was perfect (I was standing pretty close to the stage). The band were on top form especially Alex who's singing and musicianship was top notch.

The over emphasis on playing new songs and AM tracks was a bit disappointing though. Really hoped they would have played a couple more tracks off their earlier albums; could definitely do with dropping 2\3 of the lesser known AM tracks. Felt the crowd only really got going for Brianstorm, From the Ritz... and R U Mine, seemed to be a bit flat for the rest of the gig.

I taught the gig was brilliant last night. First time in the 3 Arena, class venue and the sound was perfect (I was standing pretty close to the stage). The band were on top form especially Alex who's singing and musicianship was top notch.

The over emphasis on playing new songs and AM tracks was a bit disappointing though. Really hoped they would have played a couple more tracks off their earlier albums; could definitely do with dropping 2\3 of the lesser known AM tracks. Felt the crowd only really got going for Brianstorm, From the Ritz... and R U Mine, seemed to be a bit flat for the rest of the gig.

Bit of a contradiction there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Bit of a contradiction there

Why?? The chap (or chapette) thought the gig was brilliant i.e. he/she had a brilliant time. And had the excitement of first time in 3Arena to boot.
    He/She makes a comment that some of the crowd seemed a bit flat up to a certain point of the gig. But obviously it didn't detract from his/her enjoyment. He/She had a brilliant time and thought it was a brilliant gig.

• Advertisement

Why?? The chap (or chapette) thought the gig was brilliant i.e. he/she had a brilliant time. And had the excitement of first time in 3Arena to boot.
    He/She makes a comment that some of the crowd seemed a bit flat up to a certain point of the gig. But obviously it didn't detract from his/her enjoyment. He/She had a brilliant time and thought it was a brilliant gig.

Just my opinion old chap (or chapette)

Advertisement