Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys - 3Arena - 24&25/9/2018 - **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

70 quid for them!!!!!! They are no where near as popular as they should be to charge 70 quid.id expect to see bruce or bowie( if he was alive) for that much.

you'd pay 100 quid for Bruce these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Wheety wrote: »
    Will this really be a scramble for tickets? Didn't think they were as big as they used to be.

It will definitely sell out in my opinion, more than likely going to be a second night

AM was a hugely popular album and got them loads of new younger fans. It was really noticeable at their Marley Park gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dickvandyk

70 quid for them!!!!!! They are no where near as popular as they should be to charge 70 quid.id expect to see bruce or bowie( if he was alive) for that much.

4 exceptional albums in a row, would struggle to see Bowie or Bruce consistently do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dickvandyk wrote: »
    4 exceptional albums in a row

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Dickvandyk wrote: »
    4 exceptional albums in a row, would struggle to see Bowie or Bruce consistently do this.

What?

They're not even on the same planet as Bowie

1 Good album
    3 'Meh'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wheety wrote: »
    Will this really be a scramble for tickets? Didn't think they were as big as they used to be.

I would imagine it’ll be an instant sell out. They were on hiatus the last few years but the album announcement was pretty massive.

Well then your expectations aren’t realistic at all. Bruce would be at least €100 and so would Bowie if he was still kicking.

I don’t think the price is too bad but I already have tickets to see them in Spain and know I’m glad I do because this is going to be impossible to get tickets for.

What?

They're not even on the same planet as Bowie

1 Good album
    3 'Meh'

They have released 5 albums

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

And all of them were good whether you like them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

I like the Arctic Monkeys, but it's sad to see ticket prices just keep going up and up.

Have overheads increased in recent years? Or is it just "Meh, people will pay it"....?

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    I like the Arctic Monkeys, but it's sad to see ticket prices just keep going up and up.

Have overheads increased in recent years? Or is it just "Meh, people will pay it"....?

I doubt they have set the ticket prices themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MadYaker wrote: »
    And all of them were good whether you like them or not.

That literally makes no sense when it's based on opinion.

threein99 wrote: »
    I doubt they have set the ticket prices themselves

Where did I say the AM set the prices themselves? :confused:

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Where did I say the AM set the prices themselves? :confused:

I thought you were implying that, my apologies.

The bigger the band the bigger the ticket price especially with the crooks working in Ticketmaster ruling the roost.

The bigger the band the bigger the ticket price especially with the crooks working in Ticketmaster ruling the roost.

Yeah, I just remember in years gone by that it used to be the super, super big acts that charged these prices. And as much as I love Arctic Monkeys, I don't think they're at that level. It's like each price bracket has moved up a notch or two. It sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 egghead1234

really thought they were gonna play EP this year, gutted they've settled for an indoor gig instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

really thought they were gonna play EP this year, gutted they've settled for an indoor gig instead

Wouldn't surprise me if they were still announced. Back to back EP / 3Arena happened with Florence couple of years back and Chaka Khan last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the band and promoters set the ticket prices. Ticketmaster have nothing to do with the prices. they provide a sales system, hence their own service charge per ticket.

They don't strike me as a band that loves touring as much as someone like the Foo Fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they've headlined festivals all around the world, including Glastonbury twice, and they've had 4 no.1 albums here.
    70 quid is pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I hopefully will be buying tickets for my daughter and some of her friends, but won't be going to see them myself. Does this mean I'm going to have to queue up alongside them to make sure they can get in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Mr.S wrote: »
    It says only the surname will be printed on the tickets, so as long as your surname is the same as your daughters, it should be fine. Your daughter will need to have photo ID.

A very much doubt they will enforce this, but, best to be prepared just in case.
    Yeah they won't enforce it. For a venue this size, it would cause crushes and injuries. For Radiohead, they enforced it early on when the queue was at a trickle. But they stopped it quick once the queue started building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Won't be strongly enforced at the 3Arena, they only have the 3 entrances and have a hard enough time with queues anyway. More of a deterrent to the touts I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yeah they won't enforce it. For a venue this size, it would cause crushes and injuries. For Radiohead, they enforced it early on when the queue was at a trickle. But they stopped it quick once the queue started building.

If they are going to start introducing ID restricted tickets in this country they need to have a resale platform for face value tickets like Twickets in the UK.
    Most of the concerts with this type of restriction in the UK are allowed to be resold on Twickets for face value.

There is the farcical situation here where tickets for Ed Sheeran cannot be resold .
    People bought the tickets the best part of a year ago and they were lied to that they would be able to resell on Twickets .
    Its a disgrace to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Zardoz wrote: »
    If they are going to start introducing ID restricted tickets in this country they need to have a resale platform for face value tickets like Twickets in the UK.
    Most of the concerts with this type of restriction in the UK are allowed to be resold on Twickets for face value.

There is the farcical situation here where tickets for Ed Sheeran cannot be resold .
    People bought the tickets the best part of a year ago and they were lied to that they would be able to resell on Twickets .
    Its a disgrace to be honest.

Very true, I think most people would agree that reselling at a higher value should be stopped and ticket touting in general should be stopped, but its possibly the most tunnel viewed way of doing it.

Ticketmaster are even sticklers for not letting you change the name on a ticket for one of these events, if you've bought tickets as a gift, or cant go and want to give them to a mate or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Any chance someone could pm me the presale code? I got an email from the AM website but i can't open the link for the password :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I find it hard to believe they are going to enforce this tbh.

I am short funds to get tickets for this 2mrw. I will have to get tickets down the road and hope for the best.

Do I just go to ticketmaster.ie for the 3 presale ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I’m pretty sure you should follow the link Three sent you.

3.ie/whatever then from there ‘Purchase tickets.’

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure you should follow the link Three sent you.

3.ie/whatever then from there ‘Purchase tickets.’

Using a friends code so wasnt sure where the pre-sale happens

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

My presale link just crashed. Must be getting hammered.

Advertisement