Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys - 3Arena - 24&25/9/2018 - **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

Who the fūcks Arctic Monkeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Med101007 wrote: »
    Can anyone one tell me where are these seats located in the 3 arena?

Standing

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dickvandyk

Guffy wrote: »
    Who the fūcks Arctic Monkeys?

An indie band from Sheffield U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

Dickvandyk wrote: »

Who released an ep in 2006 called "who the fcuk are the Arctic monkeys"

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dickvandyk

spindex wrote: »
    Who released an ep in 2006 called "who the fcuk are the Arctic monkeys"

No way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Krmca

I’m buying a hardcopy ticket off someone for Arctic Monkeys in the 3Arena however his name is on it. I’m a girl so it’s obvious I didn’t purchase the ticket myself. Will I be asked to provide ID to prove that a parent or something bought it for me (I’m 16) or will they straight up deny me entry??

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Krmca wrote: »
    I’m buying a hardcopy ticket off someone for Arctic Monkeys in the 3Arena however his name is on it. I’m a girl so it’s obvious I didn’t purchase the ticket myself. Will I be asked to provide ID to prove that a parent or something bought it for me (I’m 16) or will they straight up deny me entry??

No it's fine. That's just the name that bought the ticket. If you bought 7 tickets they'd all have the one booking name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

Dickvandyk wrote: »

So can I have your tickets please? Please please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Krmca wrote: »

They are saying whoever bought the ticket will need to be there to show an ID matching the name on the ticket, if you're going with that person then your grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

you must attend to the venue with the lead purchaser whose name is on the ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Hey, I'm just wondering do you need ID to get in with you're ticket, I know they cutting back on touts by not letting anyone in with their name on the ticket. My girlfriend bought me a ticket but it has her name on it, so do I need to bring her along to show her passport. Thanks in advance if I get answer back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rasputin87

Looper007 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm just wondering do you need ID to get in with you're ticket, I know they cutting back on touts by not letting anyone in with their name on the ticket. My girlfriend bought me a ticket but it has her name on it, so do I need to bring her along to show her passport. Thanks in advance if I get answer back.

They tend to check them at the start when people are trickling in, and then abandon it as soon as the queue gets anywhere heavy.

Personally, I've never been checked - but as I usually get seating tickets, I'm always one of the latecomers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Looper007 wrote: »

You need to bring her, not just her passport.

https://blog.ticketmaster.ie/latest-news/arctic-monkeys-terms-and-conditions-7777

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Is anyone else having difficulty printing off their tickets? Where do you find the PDF files?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

So managed to get 2 standing tickets for the Tuesday gig, absolutely over the moon! I was in the queue for about 40mins before I was sent through to the main site. I tried Ticketmaster for both of U2's recent gigs (Croke Park and 3 arena) using multiple devices and routers and I was never offered one ticket. I had almost given up hope and I was about to log off when I was offered the AM tickets. Roll on September 25th!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Yeah I noticed that can’t see them on the site or a link in then email.
    miocicmma wrote: »
    Is anyone else having difficulty printing off their tickets? Where do you find the PDF files?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

CFC007 wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that can’t see them on the site or a link in then email.

which gig I've some for Monday and can get them fine in my tickets on my account

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Krmca

threein99 wrote: »
    They are saying whoever bought the ticket will need to be there to show an ID matching the name on the ticket, if you're going with that person then your grand.

Yeah thanks I just saw that, he’s just a ticket tout he’s not going to the concert so I didn’t buy the ticket,, couldn’t risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lellipeep

I missed out on tickets but managed to find someone that was unable to go who would sell me theirs but now everyone is going on about the tickets becoming invalid if they're resold or if the person who bought the ticket isn't present with ID!! Any ideas on how to resolve this like can i get the name on the ticket changed if I go into ticket master in town? Worried i'll end up wasting my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mr.S wrote: »

For what it's worth, I don't think they will check names to tickets, they never do. Or at least, they never do when it's busy!

The whole thing is a bluff .
    How are they going to check the names on the mobile entry tickets on a persons phone ?
    Its only a barcode .

If they were anyway serious it would be hard copy ticket only .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Ticketmaster has accepted my return of 4 GA tickets for the 25th. They could be back in the system now so worth a look if you are still looking

WARNING! I had a conversation at length with a representative of Ticketmaster. For this event they said that all guests will have to enter with the ticket buyer. The ticket buyer will have to present their Debit/credit card at the door. They are serious about this ticket thing guys. Be careful buying from others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

miocicmma wrote: »
    Ticketmaster has accepted my return of 4 GA tickets for the 25th. They could be back in the system now so worth a look if you are still looking

WARNING! I had a conversation at length with a representative of Ticketmaster. For this event they said that all guests will have to enter with the ticket buyer. The ticket buyer will have to present their Debit/credit card at the door. They are serious about this ticket thing guys. Be careful buying from others

They said the exact same thing for Radiohead last year, and nobody checked ID at all for that in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They said the exact same thing for Radiohead last year, and nobody checked ID at all for that in the end.

That's not true. ID was being checked for the first 45 mins at least and it was going along alright if a little slow.

The mass amount of people arriving nearer the show start saw them give up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mr.S wrote: »
    The name is on mobile tickets, no? They only scan the barcode but the name of the Booker is usually on the e-ticket itself. Presumably there is some basic information displayed on the scanners for all tickets, but could be wrong there.

No, there is no name on the mobile ticket on the phone ,I just checked, its on the print at home ticket allright.
    Perhaps the scanner displays the name ,although I doubt it.
    WARNING! I had a conversation at length with a representative of Ticketmaster. For this event they said that all guests will have to enter with the ticket buyer. The ticket buyer will have to present their Debit/credit card at the door.

There is no mention of having to present a card at the event ,ID only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Weepsie wrote: »
    That's not true. ID was being checked for the first 45 mins at least and it was going along alright if a little slow.

The mass amount of people arriving nearer the show start saw them give up on it

I arrived before the support band, and there was nobody queuing to get in, and they still didn’t check us. Nobody I spoke to was checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Got seating tickets this morning for Tuesday so there's some being released out still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I arrived before the support band, and there was nobody queuing to get in, and they still didn’t check us. Nobody I spoke to was checked.

I think it depends on timing of heading into the gig and the personality of the ticket scanners/security. Some of them will do it for a while to be seen to be doing it. And then just couldn't be bothered.

I got a ticket from a tout at 8.40 at the Radiohead gig. It was basically just me, Mr Tout and a couple of security people hanging around outside. I went in on my own, and there was no mention of checking who the buyer was. In hindsight, I probably should have asked the ticketscanners beforehand if they would let me in if I bought the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mose Harper

Seating tickets for Monday available at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I just booked two tickets with ticketmaster for Tuesday gig - tickets are available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

New album not doing much for me on first listen

Advertisement