Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSRA, Letting Agent and a document to sign

Options
  • 09-04-2018 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My letting agent forwarded a PSRA property services letting agreement which he needs signed to meet his statutory requirements.

Is there a standard form of the this document or does each agent have their own version of it ?

There is quite a lot in it but the version I have seems to state (putting various clauses together) that unless the agreement is terminated due to the property being sold or becoming my primary residence:

"9.1 This Agreement may be terminated without penalty only when 1) the landlord decides to sell the
    property or 2) the landlord takes occupation of the property themselves as their primary residence."

that there is a termination fee of effectively one months rent.

"10.4 Where this Agreement is terminated for any reason other than in accordance with clauses 7 or 9
    then the Client agrees to pay the Agent 1 years letting fee at 7% of the annual rent plus V.A.T at the prevailing rate."

I have been with them for years and have not had problems but would like to know are these clauses normal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

It is a standard template made by the Regulator (the PSRA). All agents have to legally use this template and have it signed by the client before they can provide any service.
    They cannot amend these documents either as they want, all you can do is insert the value, fees and general information with regards the particular sale or letting.
    Clauses look totally normal to me but if you have any issue with signing then be sure to contact the agent to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭beaufoy

There would seem to be a case of unfair terms of contract. I can see a case where the agent has to give the LL 12 months notice, and if the agent has put someone in the property, and the LL wants the property emptying then the agent would have a case to claim the commission he would have received if the LL had not efficted the the tenants.
    Do not ask the agent for advice he is not independent
    If you can find a good lawyer you can ask him for advice, and give me his contact details because i cannot find a good lawyer

Advertisement