Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study on Alzheimer’s carers

Options
  • 09-04-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am looking for Alzheimer’s carers to respond to questions relating to caring for Alzheimer’s sufferers.
    My research is looking at an idea called therapeutic landscapes, or therapeutic spaces. This means an environment that produces an atmosphere which contributes to a sense of wellbeing. The home has tended to be associated with ideas linked to comfort, safety, security, in other words, as a therapeutic space. I want to understand what happens when the home also becomes a place where caring is going on for someone with a chronic illness such as Alzheimer’s. I want to understand if that idea of the home as somewhere therapeutic becomes changed, especially for the carer. I also want to understand if the home continues to be somewhere therapeutic and comforting for the Alzheimer’s sufferer, and if changes in the home come at a cost to other members of the family, in particular the main carer.
    If you are interested in answering some questions please message me.
    I am interested in this research as my father has early onset Alzheimer's. Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement