Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over the last 2 weeks with Eir....

Options
  • 09-04-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]... I discovered I got "Upgraded" to an 18 month contract from my 12 months that I initially subscribed to. I was counting down the days until August this year to be rid of eir once and for all. So it was quite the shock when at 1st I thought I would be stuck with them for  6 extra months.  I managed to get this sorted eventually when Eir where unable to come up with me ever actually agreeing to this extension[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]

So happy days until a few days later I was checking my usage stats. Some of you may know eir's own website no longer can show you what usage you have each month for broadband. So one of the reps on boards kindly sent me this link instead http://dslstats.eir.ie/ ; To my shock one day last week it showed I used over 800Gb (in one day)  The reps on here were not able to help. When I called tech support they could not help. So onto the 1901 number and was Back and forth between tech and care support a few times during my own working hours and finally they realised it was an error from Eir. And that I will probably be billed extra because of the fair usage hidden charge/scheme. But I will get refunded when I ring back to query my bill.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Admittedly, Eir's customer service has actually improved quite dramatically compared to a few months ago when I was frequently hung up on and was all round shocked at their ineptness.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]123 days 11 hours 42 mins of eir left. Its been an experience[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

R.F. wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]... I discovered I got "Upgraded" to an 18 month contract from my 12 months that I initially subscribed to. I was counting down the days until August this year to be rid of eir once and for all. So it was quite the shock when at 1st I thought I would be stuck with them for  6 extra months.  I managed to get this sorted eventually when Eir where unable to come up with me ever actually agreeing to this extension[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]

So happy days until a few days later I was checking my usage stats. Some of you may know eir's own website no longer can show you what usage you have each month for broadband. So one of the reps on boards kindly sent me this link instead http://dslstats.eir.ie/ ; To my shock one day last week it showed I used over 800Gb (in one day)  The reps on here were not able to help. When I called tech support they could not help. So onto the 1901 number and was Back and forth between tech and care support a few times during my own working hours and finally they realised it was an error from Eir. And that I will probably be billed extra because of the fair usage hidden charge/scheme. But I will get refunded when I ring back to query my bill.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Admittedly, Eir's customer service has actually improved quite dramatically compared to a few months ago when I was frequently hung up on and was all round shocked at their ineptness.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]123 days 11 hours 42 mins of eir left. Its been an experience[/font]
    Hi R.F.,

Thanks for contacting us here.

If you would like me to investigate anything further for you, Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement