Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming off prepay meter to bill pay

Options
  • 09-04-2018 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi, i'm planning to remove both Gas and Electricity prepay meters from an apartment i have been renting out, and switch back to Bill Pay before i put the property up for sale in the next couple of months.

Is there a minimum contract i must sign up to, in order to sign up to Bill Pay? I intend to sell the property this year, so a 12 month minimum contract wouldn't be any good to me.

As the apartment isn't my principal private residence, would it be possible to add the new Electricity and Gas Bill pay accounts on the apartment to the existing account in my principal private residence in order to work around any minimum contract period? Is this do-able?

kind regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi DancingHomer,

Thank you for getting in touch.

A minimum contract is not necessary to be a bill-pay customer. Savings of 8% off the units of each fuel (for having direct debit) will automatically apply for every bill, however a contract does not accompany these.

A customer can have all of their accounts on one customer profile, with all correspondence post going to their principle residence. Each account requires an individual number though.

To organise removal of the PAYG gas meter, contact Electric Ireland Customer Service (gas PAYG) on 1850 372 372 (or 01 8529534).

Then, to organise cancelling the PAYG electricity meter and setting up direct debit for both energy supplies, contact Electric Ireland Sales on 1850 30 50 95.

There is no fee to have the PAYG electricity meter removed, however we need to advise that there is a fee of approximately €200 to have the PAYG gas meter removed - this is payable to Gas Networks Ireland and applicable for any gas PAYG provider.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SK12

Hi,

I am looking to do the same with my gas meter. Can the switch be made online or must it be a call to the sales team?

Will the application to have the prepay meter be done automatically?

Is there a number they can be reached on from outside Ireland.

Thanks in Advance

Hi SK12,

To have a gas PAYG meter removed, it is necessary to telephone the gas PAYG team - it can only be organised over the phone. The telephone number to phone Electric Ireland from outside the Republic of Ireland is 00353 18529534.

They can transfer you to Sales then, to set up your direct debit and apply your direct debit saving.

If you have any other questions, we will be back on Electric Ireland Social Media in the morning.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SK12

Hi SK12,

To have a gas PAYG meter removed, it is necessary to telephone the gas PAYG team - it can only be organised over the phone. The telephone number to phone Electric Ireland from outside the Republic of Ireland is 00353 18529534.

They can transfer you to Sales then, to set up your direct debit and apply your direct debit saving.

If you have any other questions, we will be back on Electric Ireland Social Media in the morning.

Best regards,
    Una
    Thats great,

Thanks Una

You are welcome SK12 - we're happy to advise.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement