Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Liverpool - Ticket Scramble etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Still no sign of an replacement For Gunni. Sadly, in years gone bye, the UFC would look at the fact that this event sold so well as a reason to be ensure there was a good replacement. In this era they just give two fingers up to the paying fans as they already have our money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dulux99 wrote: »
    Still no sign of an replacement For Gunni. Sadly, in years gone bye, the UFC would look at the fact that this event sold so well as a reason to be ensure there was a good replacement. In this era they just give two fingers up to the paying fans as they already have our money.

unfortunately that's been going on for years, the amount of cards is to blame IMO

I long for the days when we had 1 PPV card on a time delay on Sunday night on Bravo with 1 smaller card in between

scudzilla wrote: »
    unfortunately that's been going on for years, the amount of cards is to blame IMO

I long for the days when we had 1 PPV card on a time delay on Sunday night on Bravo with 1 smaller card in between

Not really. Only a couple of years ago UFC London sold out prior to any main event announced - Anderson Silva vs Bisping turned out to be the fight they put on. Fast forward one year into the WME era, UFC London tickets went on sale again with no main event, sold out again....we ended up with Corey Anderson vs Manuwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone get their tickets in post yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Not me. Got my Bellator tickets yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yeah I got mine a few days ago from DHL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Got mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Petermc83

havnt got mine either... should we be worried?

unfortunately I have to sell mine and like them asap but wouldn't be worried I only got my Manchester ones last year 4 days before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

unfortunately I have to sell mine and like them asap but wouldn't be worried I only got my Manchester ones last year 4 days before.

If you’ve got nobody to sell them to, I’d be interested.

• Advertisement

hunter164 wrote: »
    If you’ve got nobody to sell them to, I’d be interested.

I'll keep you in mind. Have someone ready once the tickets arrive however if they pull out.

Tickets arrived today.

Tickets arrived today.
    Mine too.

Weekend is now sorted.

Bellator tickets for Friday landed ages ago.

Anfield tickets for the CL final yesterday.

UFC tickets came today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭Petermc83

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Mine too.

Weekend is now sorted.

Bellator tickets for Friday landed ages ago.

Anfield tickets for the CL final yesterday.

UFC tickets came today.

Phil.... That is some weekend!!! u lucky boy!!!

my tickets landed yesterday too! all systems go now.

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Phil.... That is some weekend!!! u lucky boy!!!

my tickets landed yesterday too! all systems go now.

Going to be wrecked, there's no downtime at all!

Fly Friday morning into Stansted, by the time I get the bus into the city and then the underground out to Wembley we'll be dropping our bags at the hotel and then straight over to the arena for the fights.

6am start on Saturday into the city, 7:30 bus to Liverpool.  Arrive Liverpool 1:30, drop bags and head to the weigh ins.  Grab a quick bite after the weigh ins and then head for Anfield.

Sunday is a bit more relaxed although the UFC event starts at 2:30 so not much space between a good lie in and heading to the event!

Flight home is 10am out of Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Going to be wrecked, there's no downtime at all!

Fly Friday morning into Stansted, by the time I get the bus into the city and then the underground out to Wembley we'll be dropping our bags at the hotel and then straight over to the arena for the fights.

6am start on Saturday into the city, 7:30 bus to Liverpool.  Arrive Liverpool 1:30, drop bags and head to the weigh ins.  Grab a quick bite after the weigh ins and then head for Anfield.

Sunday is a bit more relaxed although the UFC event starts at 2:30 so not much space between a good lie in and heading to the event!

Flight home is 10am out of Liverpool.

Took the 8am. Shame on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Unreal weekend that. I have accomodation for the Sunday night for the UFC but none for the final on Saturday. Just going to booze on through the night and sleep for a few hours once I can check in Sunday morning. I'll be dead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Didn't realise the event starts so early until the tickets arrived. Any idea what time the main card starts at?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Didn't realise the event starts so early until the tickets arrived. Any idea what time the main card starts at?

6. Over by about 9

• Advertisement

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Took the 8am. Shame on me
    Not sure what the other options were for you, bear in mind I'm flying in and out of Belfast as in live in Donegal.

Getting close now! Getting in to Liverpool at 7pm Saturday. Hopefully grab a taxi to city centre in time for the match

D.Q wrote: »
    Getting close now! Getting in to Liverpool at 7pm Saturday. Hopefully grab a taxi to city centre in time for the match

Jaysus man best of luck with that. Any of the decent pubs will be ticketed.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Jaysus man best of luck with that. Any of the decent pubs will be ticketed.

Haha that's a good point. I am a dope. Hotel bar maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The first UFC event ever that I’ve been unable to get tickets for.

The depression is starting to set in now. :(

Paully D wrote: »
    The first UFC event ever that I’ve been unable to get tickets for.

The depression is starting to set in now. :(

If it makes you feel any better, apart from the main event , it really is a terrible fight card

• Advertisement

I have sellers remorse, sold tickets off as travel partner pulled out, now wish I went ahead on my tod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Any recommendations for somewhere to watch the CL final? Probably should've picked up ticketsfor somewhere before now..

qwabercd wrote: »
    Any recommendations for somewhere to watch the CL final? Probably should've picked up ticketsfor somewhere before now..
    in the same boat.

Any of the decent pubs in Liverpool will be ticketed lads, and lots of them will shut their doors after 8pm, so if you're on the 7pm flight coming in from Dublin you're snookered I reckon. I'm already sorted with a ticket for somewhere but genuinely if your plan is to properly watch the game and you don't have something already sorted, just watch it in your hotel bar.

One last ditch attempt - does anyone have weigh in tickets they're not using? Pretty please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Till missed weight, 174.5

• Advertisement

Both hometown fighters miss weight

https://twitter.com/MMA_Jim/status/1000325513825652736

Well that's the end of any return to Liverpool in the near future. So unprofessional

Wonderboy would be mental to take the fight considering the record that fighters who miss weight have recently.

That said, the UFC will pressure him into taking it anyway.

What are chance of flogging tickets at face value at this stage,? Card is appalling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

rob316 wrote: »
    What are chance of flogging tickets at face value at this stage,? Card is appalling

Someone might be willing to gamble it goes ahead. Need to do it now because if the main is off can't imagine people would want to touch them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Heard he has a family emergency , UFC currently taking to Wonderboy. That ****er is big enough when he makes weight, I agree above, in this instance I'd have no problem with Wonderboy not taking the fight, he is too highly ranked risking that.

The main will go ahead.

The UFC will force Wonderboy into it even he doesn’t want to, and give him a huge non-disclosed “bonus” for doing so.

No chance they’ll allow this to fall apart this late in the day.

Possible he could weigh even more? His left foot is barely on the scales.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

What a shame. He looked pretty shook in all the press I watched late this week - seems likely he's too big rather than this being a bad cut. Also saw calls that he wasn't stepping on the scale properly, not sure as to the accuracy of them.

And yet, WB somehow has the most to lose in this specific instance. He's little good grace to trade on with Dana despite being no. 1 contender. Even if Till gets the W, he'll now need another convincing outing at 170 before he gets a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Was WB in line for another title shot straight away if he won this? If not that should be his stipulation before agreeing to fight Till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

xtal191 wrote: »
    Possible he could weigh even more? His left foot is barely on the scales.

giphy.gif

That won't have any affect really, try it yourself on scales. He was prob trying to minimise his weight tho

DC would have made it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone at the weigh-ins, what was the atmosphere like?

I expected the roof to be blown off when Till walked out but it just seemed like a standard weigh-in to me. Obviously hard to judge from the broadcast though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone at the weigh-ins, what was the atmosphere like?

I expected the roof to be blown off when Till walked out but it just seemed like a standard weigh-in to me. Obviously hard to judge from the broadcast though.

Yeah I was expecting it to be more of an occasion. Maybe it's because everyone's already in the pub ahead of the football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭The White Feather

After seeing this video, I don't know how this fight will go ahead.Till has to weigh a certain weight and he says here he has already started drinking and filling back up. Sounds like he knows he won't make it at all.He offered 100% of his purse too to Wonderboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

He's kinda making no sense there either, a bit all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

He sounds like he has already fully rehydrated. Doesn't have a hope of making 188. This is embarrassing

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah I was expecting it to be more of an occasion. Maybe it's because everyone's already in the pub ahead of the football!

I guess the Till weight news had probably sucked the life out of them a bit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

He sounds like he has already fully rehydrated. Doesn't have a hope of making 188. This is embarrassing

Who stipulates 188? Is that set in stone?

If he weighs 189 can wonderboy say yes/no at that stage? Or is it off regardless if he cant hit 188?

Advertisement