Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning from maternity leave

Options
  • 09-04-2018 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi Im due to start back to work tomorrow with a company I’ll gave worked with for over 3 years apon telling them I was pregnant I was transferred store and essentially demoted I continue to do my job and improved the sales/stock loss of the new store and I work right up til 2 weeks before my date of confinement.

I sent a email the 28th February confirming my return to work for the 9 th April and received no response so I then sent a follow up email the 28th March to ask about the set up for my return to work I received an email to say I would get a phonecall the 29th March. This call never happen I even sent a text message reminding hr of my phone number. I also sent an email the 29th saying I never received the call. No response to this email so I sent another email 5th April cc head of hr and received an email to say that she left me a voicemail I received no voicemails and in this email she asked would I take holiday days and I responded to say that I had made a lot of arrangements to commence work on this date and I wanted to commence work. So I finally got hr on the phone and she told me to contact regional manager about return to work as there has been a change of regionals I didn’t have her number so got from a colleague.

So I rang regional manager and left her a voicemail and sent her a text with my phone number in case she misses it on voicemail.

So on Friday 6th April I get regional manager on phone and she tell me hr are suppose to be organising my return to work.

By Friday evening 17.54 pm I had no update and was frustrated that I didn’t know what was to happen so I sent an email I was drafting by mistake ...

“As ... is my base store they have included me on their Rota for next week . Unless otherwise directed I will be in ... 9am Monday so I’m not in breach of contract. “

I then received an email stating sorry for all the confusion to start at 10.30 Tuesday.

Can anyone opinion the last email I sent wasn’t as pc as I would have liked but I was actually beginning to feel like they don’t want me to return to work .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

They seem very incompetent. Your email clearly did the job!

Advertisement